Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
|Price:||CDN$ 19.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 35. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
- Hot Shots Golf World Inv. Vita
- Platform: PlayStation Vita
- ESRB Rating: Everyone
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Amazon.ca Product Description
The over-the-top golf franchise is back with a bag full of PlayStation Vita features. Never leave the golf course with non-stop challenges from friends or bitter rivals. Add to that new PlayStation Vita specific functions that enable you to better prepare each shot from tee to green.
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational is a handheld Arcade style golf simulation game released as a launch title for PlayStation Vita. Utilizing the innovative blend of touch-based, motion-sensing and camera-oriented controls of the new handheld, the game represents a completely new way to play Hot Shots Golf. Features include: touch and pinch functionality allowing in-game golfers to be moved at will, multiple possible camera angles, golfer upgrades and multiplayer support wirelessly between devices and through PlayStation Network.
A Completely New Way to Play Hot Shots Golf
The over-the-top Hot Shots Golf franchise is back with a bag full of PlayStation Vita features that will have players hitting the links like never before. These features begin as soon as an in-game golfer is selected, dressed for the part and is lined up to tee off.
Use tap functionality to look down the fairway to get a better look at the pathway to the green, and when ready, place the golfer in the best position and at the best angle to take a shot using PS Vita pinch and front touch pad functionality. Once off the tee players can simultaneously maneuver their golfer and line up shots with a combination of the front sticks and the rear touch pad. Need to check your form with a different view of the shot? Players can easily change the camera angles of their golfer with an augmented reality feature. And mastering the PS Vita's motion sensing capabilities will allow for the addition of extra power on shots with a flick of the device. Points for success in a round can be used for in-game purchases, including new available golfers, new outfits, and even new clubs. Multiplayer support allows up to eight players locally, while literally dozens of players can compete on the same hole in play through PlayStation Network.
Key Game Features
- Over-the-top Hot Shots Golf Comes to PlayStation Vita - Enjoy the over-the-top characters, costumes and comedic golf action on your PlayStation Vita
- Nonstop Challenges - Stay connected with your friends' latest scores to stay on top of the leaderboard
- Innovative 'Touch Panel' Controls - Access all the info for the next shot with this new touch sensitive interface
- 360 Perspective - Look down the fairway and golf course in real time to set up the perfect shot
- Powerful Motion-Sensing Abilities - Master the PS Vita's motion-sensing abilities to add extra power onto shots
- Multiplayer Support - Enjoy support for up to eight player wirelessly, or join a game on PlayStation Network where dozens of players can compete on individual holes
Move players with touch pads.
Different possible camera angles.
Add extra power to shots.
Online glory via multiplayer.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
* Fun, charming and customizable characters to use as your avatar.
* Lots of golfing equipment to unlock and tweak your gameplay style.
* Lots of golf courses to unlock and play on.
* Beautiful graphics that enhance the gameplay experience.
* Very challenging courses later on in the game that keep you on your toes.
* Strong sense of accomplishment when you finally place first on a course and unlock new courses.
* Lots of realistic factors to account for before your swing.
* Some of the courses are very challenging and punishing.
* Putting can be very hard and frustrating.
* Sometimes the ball rolls in to areas like a bunker a little too much and the game gives a feeling that it is cheating.
* Unlocking some of the game is based purely on luck, which means you may never be able to totally finish the game.
* No story mode.
Gameplay is quite simple, what's challenging is reading the course and your button pushing timing during the swing. During your swing you set the amount of power you put into the swing and then set the angle at which you strike the ball. The success of these two factors depends on the timing of your button pushes during the swing. If they are not timed well the ball will not go where you intended. Unlocking different types of characters, balls and clubs allows you to customize your swing so that it best fits with your style of play. The game flow centers around you placing first on a course, once you do this you earn a star and once you earn a certain amount of stars more courses are unlocked and the process repeats. If you defeat a course in a certain way you can earn a crown which unlocks other things in the game.Read more ›
There are also a lot of paid extras to the game. Three extra courses for 2,99$ each. And then you have the outfits, extra characters and better clubs, balls and whatnot that you can also purchase.
That being said, it's an excellent game.
*Update*, 2014/07/09: Altough there is some confusion, cross-platform multiplayer between vita and ps3 is definitely missing. I tried it myself. You are able to join lobbies with ps3 players of the game but not play actual rounds of golf with them.