House Selling For Dummies Paperback – Dec 5 2007
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
By the same authors as Home Buying for Dummies, the new House Selling for Dummies shares all of the companion volume's virtues and likewise qualifies as the overall best choice on its topic. It provides clear and wise counsel on preparing a house for sale, setting the asking price, and negotiating with buyers. House Selling for Dummies discusses the pros and cons of selling a house without a listing agent, but authors Tyson and Brown seem to believe that most "dummies" need the professional help of a Realtor. The book offers extensive and good advice on selecting and working with an agent. --Barry Mitzman --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
New how-to details on staging and curb appeal
The fun and easy way® to minimize selling hassles and get top dollar for your house
Want to stand out to homebuyers in today's crowded market? America's #1 bestselling real estate authors have revised their classic guide to save you time and money as you prepare to sell your property. They'll show you when to put your house on the market, the pros and cons of FSBO, and the best ways to utilize the Internet, from online listings to digital photos.
THE DUMMIES WAY®
Explanations in plain English
"Get in, get out " information
Icons and other navigational aids
Online cheat sheet
Top ten lists
A dash of humor and fun
Discover how to:
Prepare your property to attract buyers
Determine your asking price
Hire the right real estate agent
Market and show your house
Negotiate for the best offer
- Find listings of all our books
- Choose from many different subject categories
- Sign up for eTips at
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The info on how to spruce up your house and how to negotiate the contract was a big help. We did it all without a realtor, got the price we were aiming for, and avoided that ridiculous commission.
Anyone looking for a reference on how to figure out the finances of buying and selling homes and how to effectively choose and use a real estate agent will likely find these books useful.
Unfortunately, the "do-it-yourself" crowd needs to look elsewhere or hope for a major revision.
The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is the relative lack of information about how to leave your house -- what is expected of the seller in terms of patching walls, cleaning etc.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Personal Finance
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics
- Books > Business & Investing > Real Estate > Buying & Selling Homes
- Books > Business & Investing > Real Estate > Investments
- Books > Business & Investing > Real Estate > Sales
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Real Estate
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Investing
- Books > For Dummies Store > Business & Investing > Personal Finance
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Real Estate > Buying & Selling Homes
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Real Estate > Investments
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Real Estate > Sales