How to Do Everything with Photoshop CS Paperback – Dec 1 2003
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Create professional-looking images effortlessly with Photoshop CS and this step-by-step guide. Award-winning designer Colin Smith teaches you the fundamentals of Photoshop then walks you through the more advanced features of this powerful graphics tool. Master traditional drawing and painting tools ranging from pencils to airbrushes, then learn how to add and manipulate text, retouch photos, create special effects, and more. You'll also learn the techniques professional artists apply to their work in a special "Behind the Scenes" section. Whatever your goals are, you'll find what you need to accomplish them in How to Do Everything with Photoshop CS.
- Tame the interface and use the toolbar, palettes, options, and more
- Import, place, and size images properly
- Draw and paint with a dizzying array of tools and techniques
- Use layers to make editing images a snap
- Do amazing things with color by working with channels
- Create graphics using both bitmap and vector technologies
- Save time with tool presets, automation, and actions
- Set print and color options to get the best results
About the author: Colin Smith is an award-winning graphic designer and author or co-author of seven graphic design books. He is also founder of the popular online resource Photoshopcafe, and is a regular contributor to the NAPP Web site.
Top Customer Reviews
For readers of this book, and probably particularly for the beginning level Photoshop program users, I found there to be numerous presentation 'glitches' that made the book difficult.
The first thing that I found was that while reading a description of a process, or an action, I would be referred to a specific figure; not at all uncommon in any how-to book. The problem with this book was that more often than was acceptable, the figure was on another page. I spent way too much time cycling between the figure and the text. Sometimes the figure was on the previous page - sometimes on the next page.
Early on in reading the book I was generous and told myself space can be a reason for figures not always being in close proximity to the descriptive text, but as I continued from chapter to chapter I found it less easy to be forgiving. I got the impression that "they", the author/designer/editor, were trying to fill the pages with as much as they could...minimizing 'white space' and keeping the page count to a minimum. I would much prefer paying a few more dollars for a book with more pages, than paging back and forth to make sense of what they are trying to teach me.Read more ›
Before I end this review I would like to add that the Camera Raw plugin is only valuable to people that own those cameras, and I am sure that is why the author didn't include it.
Most recent customer reviews
Colin has a well established presence in the gurus of Photoshop league. The book is nothing short of what you would expect. Read morePublished on April 22 2004
This books serves as an excellent teaching tool and all around great resource for Photoshop users of any level. It's well structured, with easy to understand content. Read morePublished on April 21 2004 by TechZsue
The below review was written by someone who clearly does not value good advice.
I learned abotu so many features in photoshop, that I would have probably never ever explored! Read more
It's obvious that the author was thinking of the reader when writing this book. He quickly gets to the point on the most important issues a Photoshop user needs to know. Read morePublished on Jan. 29 2004 by C. Haude
A one-stop shop for beginners...This book is very user friendly and set up as a nice resource for thumbing through looking for something you saw but forgot how to do. Read morePublished on Jan. 16 2004
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Graphic Design > Graphic Arts
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Adobe Photoshop
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Graphics & Visualization