How Plays Work: Reading and Performance Hardcover – Jun 28 2007
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
learned and jargon-free Alex Danchev, Times Literary Supplement
About the Author
Martin Meisel is the Brander Matthews Professor Emeritus of Dramatic Literature (the oldest such chair in America). He is the author of iShaw and the Nineteenth-Century Theater/i (Princeton and Oxford), iRealizations: Narrative, Pictorial, and Theatrical Arts in Nineteenth-Century England/i (Princeton), as well as numerous essays and articles on drama and the visual arts. He has been the recipient of two Guggenheim Foundation Fellowships, an American Council of Learned Societies Fellowship, residential fellowships at the National Humanities Center, the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, and the Institute for Advanced Study in the Humanities (Edinburgh); and of awards from the American Philosophical Society and the Huntington Library among others. In 2003 he received the Presidential Award for Outstanding Teaching at Columbia.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Theatre > History & Criticism
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Theatre > History & Criticism
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Drama > History
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature