How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth: Fourth Edition Paperback – June 24 2014
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
- Paperback : 304 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0310517826
- ISBN-13 : 978-0310517825
- Product Dimensions : 13.3 x 1.9 x 20.3 cm
- Publisher : Zondervan Academic (June 24 2014)
- Item Weight : 249 g
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #25,049 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the Author
Douglas Stuart is Professor of Old Testament and Chair of the Division of Biblical Studies at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He holds the B.A. and Ph.D. from Harvard University. Among his earlier writings are Studies in Early Hebrew Meter, Old Testament Exegesis: A Primer for Students and Pastors, and Favorite Old Testament Passages.
From the Publisher
"A practical approach to Bible study in an easy-to-understand style." -Bookstore Journal
What makes this book different from other "understanding the Bible" books?
- A strong focus on the vital differences in genres within the Bible and how to read and understand each genre differently.
- Not just guidelines for studying the Bible, but practices to help you appreciate simply reading the Bible.
- The authors, Gordon D. Fee and Douglas Stuart, are two experienced seminary professors who strongly believe in understanding, obeying, and applying biblical text as carefully as possible.
- Attention is given to both exegesis and hermeneutics to help you understand the original textual meaning and also what it means for us today. You will be given practical guidelines for learning to ask the right questions.
|How to Read the Bible Book by Book||How to Read the Bible through the Jesus Lens||How to Read the Bible as Literature||How to Preach and Teach the Old Testament for All Its Worth||How to Choose a Translation for All Its Worth||How to Read the Bible Pack, Second Edition|
|Content||A guided tour from Genesis through Revelation||A guide to Christ-focused reading of Scripture||Why the Good Book is a great read||Learn how to teach the depth of the Old Testament in your sermons||A guide to understanding and using Bible versions||How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth and five companion books|
|Authors||Gordon D. Fee and Douglas Stuart||Michael Williams||Leland Ryken||Christopher J.H. Wright||Gordon D. Fee and Mark L. Strauss||Gordon D. Fee, Douglas Stuart, Christopher J.H. Wright, Mark L. Strauss, Michael Williams, Leland Ryken|