How to Shit in the Woods, 3rd Edition: An Environmentally Sound Approach to a Lost Art Paperback – Mar 15 2011
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“Kathleen Meyer has contributed to environmental awareness while lending a grand old English word the respectability it hasn’t had since Chaucer’s day.”
--FRANK GRAHAM, Audubon magazine
About the Author
See all Product Description
A longtime outdoorswoman, KATHLEEN MEYER is the founding editor of Headwaters, published by Friends of the River. Her travel essays have been included in the Travelers’ Tales anthologies A Woman’s Passion for Travel: More True Stories from a Woman’s World and Sand in My Bra and Other Misadventures: Funny Women Write from the Road. Her adventure memoir Barefoot Hearted: A Wild Life Among Wildlife was released by Villard in 2001. Whitewater rafter and canoeist, sea-kayaker and sailor, she is also a draft horse teamster, having traversed three Rocky Mountain states by horse-drawn wagon. Ever the nontraditional spirit, Meyer resides in an old, rather unrestored, dairy barn in Montana’s Bitterroot Valley and is available for interviews. Visit her Website www.KathleenintheWoods.net and hop onto her blog Shooting the Shit
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
In fact, let me save you the time:
1. Carry out whenever possible
2. If not possible, choose an area well out of trail traffic and at least 200 feet from a water source,.dig a cathole 6 - 8 inches deep using your trowel (after the deed is done), mix well with soil (using a mixing stick), and try to disguise the cathole.
Yes, its that simple. I was actually looking to get some insight into field sanitation, but found nothing more that what is available for free from any number of web sites.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Hiking & Camping > Camping
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Hiking & Camping > Instructional
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Mountaineering > Instructional
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Mountaineering > Mountain Climbing
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Hiking & Camping > Camping
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Hiking & Camping > Instructional
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Mountaineering & Climbing > Instructional