No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||CDN$ 19.39|
Save CDN$ 2.40 (12%)
Simon & Schuster Canada, Inc.
Price set by seller.
How To Win Friends and Influence People Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Kindle Edition, Aug 24 2010||
|Length: 324 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersFire Tablets
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
After a few chapters it becomes really clear that you get what you give, and it is definitely worth the read. I wish schools would have this as part of their curriculum! A parent who can pass on this knowledge to their children (and learn from it themselves) is one who can really influence their future happiness and success.
The book is good. The language and examples are somewhat dated, which is not unexpected, but not so dated to sound irrelevant. I do believe that the lessons provided throughout the book are useful in daily interactions with other people, but many of them are fairly intuitive - don't criticize, admit your errors, etc.
Some of the advice would be useful to pretty much anyone who deals with other people in any capacity, if not in work, in home life, or in other social situations, or with customer service people we encounter. On the other hand, some of the advice lends itself better to people who work in a capacity as a leader over subordinate employees.
The kindle edition of this is easy to read but there are a number of typos and weird paragraph breaks - I'm not sure if these are also found in the printed text or not. Either way, they don't make it unreadable.
I probably will try consciously to put some of the practices that Carnegie espouses into action and see how it goes - I don't doubt that if practiced consciously and with dedication, my relationships likely will improve. Overall I'm giving this three stars because while it does provide good advice and it's always worth being reminded of ways to improve our interactions with others, most of it we would probably already know. That said, the book was $0.99 on kindle, so why not give it a chance?
I have always been honoust, kind, look people in the eyes when talking and a good listener and that is basically what it comes down too.
If you try to manipulate a friendship or customers unless your a good actor, people see right through it and will not trust you, just the opposite of what you want
What follows are the books' 6 major sections and core points. Keep it close with you because, although simple, they are easy to forget:
* Fundamental techniques in handling people:
1) Don't criticize, condemn, or complain
2) Give honest and sincere appreciation
3) Arouse in the other person an eager want
* Why some people are very likeable (or 6 ways to make people like you):
1) They are genuinely interested in other people
2) They are often smiling
3) They remember people's name. For them, this is the sweetest and most important sound in any language
4) They are great listeners.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
Very informative covering a lot of subjects precisely and simply. I would recommend this book to anyone. Chaco it out.Published 1 hour ago by jeffery larson
It helped boost my self confidence. I'm not there yet but I'm on the right track.
I'm looking for participants to take part in a short, anonymous survey about Amazon. Read more
There's a reason why this book is one of the most successful books ever written and published. This should be a staple in anyone's library.Published 5 days ago by Daniel J.
This is as relevant today as it was in the 1930's. Dale has presented timeless principles that show you how to be better with people.Published 6 days ago by Amazon Customer
This is my favorite book when it comes to handling people. Amazing!Published 14 days ago by Kristopher Mancini
Offers a new perspective on life. Should be part of the "to read" list of anyone as early in life as possible.Published 20 days ago by Darlina O.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Running Meetings & Presentations
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Relationships > Interpersonal Relations
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Books > Self-Help > Success
- Kindle Store > English Language Store
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Relationships > Interpersonal Relations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Success