Huber's New Observations Upon Bees the Complete Volumes I & II Hardcover – Jan 9 2012
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Personally, I find the older naturalists to be more original and compelling in their writing - and if you are a modern beekeeper, you will be surprised how much of the information in this book is still relevant today.
What an undertaking by beekeeper Michael Bush to get his book to print, in English. I for one, really appreciate it. Compiling both Volumes into one book, as well as, updating the illustrations and adding additional information (such as the memoir of Huber by De Candolle and letters from Huber), is a gift to every beekeeper, that keeps on giving. Sure, some of the techniques/ideas/thoughts have changed since Huber's original publishing of Vol I in 1809, but I purchased the book to enjoy the history of beekeeping and its techniques.
If you enjoy learning about beekeeping and beekeeping history, you will enjoy this book. Fifty bucks is a small price to pay for the information within!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Animal Husbandry
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Animal Husbandry
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology > Entomology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals > Insects & Spiders
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Insects & Spiders