Human Resource Management in a Business Context Paperback – Apr 6 2007
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Author
This book is intended to provide a comprehensive account of the critical issues in Human Resource Management (HRM), taking the reader from an introductory level to a relatively sophisticated understanding of an increasingly important business topic. We will see that there is no universal agreement on the meaning of HRM. In fact, there are varying and contradictory models. Yet they embody common elements that distinguish them from previous approaches to managing people specifically, personnel management. The book takes a distinctive approach, locating the subject of human resource management and its various perspectives within a business context. We recognize that readers will come from a variety of backgrounds, that some will become HR specialists but that many are interested in the relationship between human resource management and other business functions. This is not a cookbook of best practices: it is firmly focused on human resource management in the real world. --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
About the Author
Alan Price is the author of several books and distance learning texts on Human Resource Management. He is Managing Editor of the HRM Guide network. --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Couldn't have asked for a better refernce text for the course.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Industrial Relations
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics > Labour Policy
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science