Iguana: An Owner's Guide to a Happy Healthy Pet Hardcover – Aug 6 1996
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
For those animal lovers less inclined to adopt a furry friend, finding up-to-date reptile information and ownership instruction can be a challenge. Karen Rosenthal's The Iguana: An Owner's Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pet is both a perfect start for any new or potential owner and a quality-of-care check for seasoned owners. The Iguana covers everything from selecting an ectotherm and understanding its environmental needs to discussions on behavior and a glossary of relevant terminology. While the book is solid in content, it is always a good idea to investigate other resources for further discussion on controversial issues such as protein intake levels and keeping iguanas as free-roaming house pets. Rosenthal's book helps with this as well, and the bibliography is a great springboard to continued exploration.
From the Back Cover
- Best Information
- Best Resources
- Best Photos
- The Best Advice to Select and Care For Your Iguana
A reptile expert and an author offer straightforward advice so that you can create a thriving environment for your new family member.
The Iguana offers:
- Completely up-to-date resources, including top Web sites of interest to iguana owners
- Information on how to choose the right iguana for you
- Ways to make lizard-keeping an enjoyable, educational experience for you and your family
- An exploration of appropriate iguana housing, diets, and healthcare
- Full-color photographs of iguanas from hatchling to adult
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Animal Care & Pets > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Medical Books > Veterinary Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Veterinary Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology > Living on the Land > Hunting & Fishing
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Hunting & Fishing