- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Immersive Audio Signal Processing Paperback – Nov 29 2010
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the reviews:
"The textbook contains the prerequisites as well as a number of research results which are relevant in this field and is directed to audio engineers with academic level. … The book is a state-of-the-art source in immersive audio, basing partially on former research papers of the authors." (Rudiger Hoffmann, Zentralblatt MATH, Vol. 1106 (8), 2007)
From the Back Cover
This text introduces graduate students and researchers to the basics of digital signal processing relevant to audio/acoustics and psychoacoustics and a variety of topics and latest results in immersive audio processing research.
- Covers relevant background material adequately
- Topics include immersive audio synthesis and rendering, multichannel room equalization, audio selective signal cancellation, signal processing for audio applications, surround sound processing, psychoacoustics and its incorporation in audio signal processing algorithms for solving various problems
- Real-world measurements depicted in the book demonstrate efficiency and power of the various solutions presented
This timely graduate textbook targets courses on Immersive Audio Signal Processing, DSP and Multimedia Processing, and is an invaluable reference for researchers interested in understanding the synergy between acoustics/audio signal processing and psychoacoustics, and how these are melded to solve various hot topics in immersive multichannel audio processing.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The chapter on Acoustics covers several useful topics but still needs more elaboration. New to this area, I had to refer to other resources to fully understand the concepts and mathematical equations. The topic of Psychoacoustics is also briefly touched. The book becomes much more useful from the 4th chapter on Immersive Audio Rendering and the following chapters on Equalization. A good thing is that these chapters also include material from both the authors research papers and refer to a large number of useful papers and journal articles. Future directions in research that are mentioned at the end of each chapter could be quite useful for people that are beginning their research in Immersive Audio.
Overall I would say that the book is a good effort and would be very useful for graduate and PhD students doing research in this area.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Audio
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Natural Language Processing
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electronics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Special Topics > Acoustics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics > Applied
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Acoustics & Sound
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Applied
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Acoustics & Sound