The Incredible Hulk: Season 5
|Price:||CDN$ 29.89 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
The Incredible Hulk roars again as every thrilling episode from the fifth season arrives on DVD! Reunited with former scientist David Banner (Primetime Emmy Award nominee Bill Bixby) as he takes on more death-defying adventures that place him closer to finding a cure for his alter ego, the ferocious Incredible Hulk (Lou Ferrigno). Will he finally find peace from the rages that make him mean and green? With all-new DVD-exclusive bonus content featuring show creator Kenneth Johnson, and an amazing slate of guest stars, it’s the ultimate DVD set of the season so intense you won’t want to miss a minute!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
As is, this is easily the weakest season overall. Of the 7 episodes, three are worthy of the best the series had to offer.
1. The Phenom: BAD. Bad acting, bad story, lame Hulk action and an overall silly overtone ruin this one.
2. Two Godmothers: Nothing special. Stretches credibility, even by Hulk standards, weak writing and lame acting. OK Hulk-out in the middle but this is overall a forgettable affair.
3. Veteran: Pretty good. Overall a suspenseful episode with a good plot twist, solid acting, good Hulk action and some nifty flashbacks.
4. Sanctuary: Solid. I'd read some bad reviews for this one but I was pleasantly surprised. It's nothing special but it's entertaining nonetheless. I did find it odd to cast Diana Muldaur (previously cast as David's sister in the Season 3 episode "Homecoming") as the head nun.
5. Triangle: Solid. OK affair in which David falls for a woman but fate rears it's ugly head and sends him on his way once again. Nice twist in the end and this proved to be Jack McGee's swansong in the original series.
6. Slaves: BAD. Nice scenery, nice location, OK story and good actors on paper but all is for naught in this very lame episode. Horrible sequences and beyond bad acting performances sink this puppy. It's a credit to Bixby that he managed to keep a straight face among these actors who are not having a good day.
7. A Minor Problem: Good. At least the series ended on a high note with this suspenseful and somewhat offbeat episode. Good story, eerie atmosphere in the beginning and great Hulk action ensure that the final episode is a gem for Hulk fans.
I wish the series had had a proper conclusion but the TV movie "Death of the Incredible Hulk" at least provided some form of closure to fans. This fifth season is a no-brainer purchase for fans and if they're anything like me, they'll find that overall this is a real keeper, just as the first four seasons.
The extras are solid. A nice 18 plus minute featurette with Ken Johnson and co. and a great gag reel which displays Bixby at his comical best.
The show was cancelled due to a management change at CBS. However the remaining episodes are worth your time. Without giving an analysis of remaining ones, they were at least intellegently written. If this show is ever brought back to TV, I hope the powers that be get someone as good as Bill Bixby.
So, when I noticed that the original TV Movies and Series/Seasons had come out on DVD, I rounded them up - some on Amazon, some elsewhere, some new, some used. I got he Fourth and Fifth Seasons on a great sale from Amazon just last week. They arrived quickly. And now my set is complete - well, except for one of the two recent movies... not Bill Bixby/Lou movies
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Superheroes > Hulk
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Superheroes > Incredibles
- Movies & TV > Drama
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Television
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Drama
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > TV Series By Letter > I > The Incredible Hulk