Information Dashboard Design: The Effective Visual Communication of Data Paperback – Feb 3 2006
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Stephen Few has over 20 years of experience as an innovator, consultant, and educator in the fields of business intelligence (a.k.a. data warehousing and decision support) and information design. Through his company, Perceptual Edge, he focuses on the effective analysis and presentation quantitative business information. Stephen is recognized as a world leader in the field of data visualization. He teaches regularly at conferences such as those presented by The Data Warehousing Institute (TDWI) and DCI, and also in the MBA program at the Haas School of Business at U. C. Berkeley. He is also the author of the book "Show Me the Numbers: Designing Tables and Graphs to Enlighten" (Analytics Press).
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
When I read a report, I always look at the graphs first. If they do not talk to me, I do not dig for additional insight. The communication ends here.
I love books that give me actionable knowledge. Now, I will never endorse nor tolerate a dashboard that will look like a radar, smell like a gauge, act like a thermometer or taste like a pie chart with bright colors and special 3D effects. Why? Read this book!
Stephen Few also claims intellectual ownership of the powerful bullet graph. I have adopted it as such. The book is well illustrated and tackles the 'no-nos' before moving on to the craft of designing dashboards. The section on visual perception and Gestalt theory pleases both the heart and the mind.
As a manager, this book will show you how numbers take form.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Equipment, Techniques & Reference > Reference
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Running Meetings & Presentations
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Information Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Multimedia Information Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design > Information Visualization
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Business
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Software Design & Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Visual Arts > Photography