- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Information Systems for eGovernment: A Quality-of-Service Perspective Hardcover – Sep 17 2010
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the reviews:
“The book centers on using the multidisciplinary planning methodology from the Italian eGovernment for Mediterranean Countries (eG4M) project, which emphasizes the stakeholder-experienced quality of identified governmental services. … This book concentrates its attention on a part of SOA that commonly is weakly done: the planning of SOA projects. Hence, it offers worthwhile reading for managers and project leaders who are or may become involved in SOA projects.” (Ned Chapin, ACM Computing Reviews, August, 2011)
From the Back Cover
The success of public sector investment in eGovernment initiatives strongly depends on effectively exploiting all aspects of ICT systems and infrastructures. The related objectives are hardly reachable without methodological frameworks that provide a holistic perspective and knowledge on the contexts of eGovernment initiatives. Yet public administrators usually have a mix of legal and administrative knowledge, while lacking an information systems background.
With this book, Viscusi, Batini and Mecella provide a comprehensive methodology for service-oriented information systems planning, with special emphasis on eGovernment initiatives. They present the eG4M methodology which structurally supports the development of optimal eGovernment plans, considering technological, organizational, legal, economic and social aspects alike. The approach is focused on two pillars: the quality of the provided services and related processes, and the quality of the data managed in the administrative processes and services.
The book is written for public administrators, decision-makers, practitioners, ICT professionals and graduate students, providing a comprehensive perspective of the challenges, opportunities and decisions related to strategic and operational planning of service-oriented information systems in eGovernment.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > MIS
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Information Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Distributed Databases
- Books > Computers & Technology > Hardware > Parallel Processing Computers
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Manager's Guides to Computing
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Information Management