Compare Offers on Amazon
|Price:||CDN$ 13.81 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Armatage Shanks|
|3. Stuck With Me|
|4. Geek Stink Breath|
|5. No Pride|
|6. Bab's Uvula Who?|
|8. Panic Song|
|9. Stuart and The Ave.|
|10. Brain Stew|
|12. Westbound Sign|
|13. Tight Wad Hill|
|14. Walking Contradiction|
Certified at 2 million units by the RIAA. (2/96)
Donner un successeur au multiplatiné Dookie n'a pas été une mince affaire, mais le trio de Berkeley s'en tire haut la main. Cet Insomniac pérennise la même recette, mitonnée à base de culture destroy light et d'assauts pop. Plus proche des seventies britanniques que de ses condisciples d'Offspring, Green Day jette un pont entre l'Angleterre des Buzzcocks ("Stuart"), des Ruts ("Brain Stew"), voire des Who ("Panic Song"), et l'Amérique des Ramones ou des Real Kids pour échafauder un power punk mélodique et pétillant. Les singles inclus, "Armatage Shanks" et "Geek Stink Breath", sont de purs bonheurs, sucrés et acidulés, qui entérinent à jamais une autre victoire de nos gavroches californiens. --Jean-Luc Manet
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Armatage Shanks- Very good starting song. It's not "Nice Guys Finish Last," but it and "Burnout" compete for GD's best opener. Only one weak point in the whole song, a part where they kinda echo; I think it detracts from the song, but the rest is genius. 9.5/10
Brat- One of my two least favorite on the CD. I don't know why, this just isn't my favorite. 7/10
Stuck With Me- Definately top 3. I loved in on Superhits, and the more you listen, the more it grows on you. 10/10
Geek Stink Breath- Very nice. Just not up to par with some of the greats. 9/10
No Pride- Also a very good song. "Dignity's a landmine," and "to hell with unity" are good lines. 9/10
Bab's Uvula Who?- A bit repetitive, but still quite good. 8/10
86- The other weak point of the CD. A lot lighter than the rest. This reminds me a lot of something No Fun At All would do. The chorus makes me think of "Celestial Q&A." It's one of NFAA's better songs, but it's one of Green Day's weaker ones. Shows the difference between the two. 7/10
Panic Song- This one depends on how you listen to it. A long (two seconds short of two minutes) instrumental intro begins to get boring if you're focused completely on the song, but when your attention is divided, it pulses with energy, the excitement growing as it gets closer to the beginning of the lyrics, which are awesome. "The world is a sick machine breeding a mass of sh*t." 9/10
Stuart and the Ave.Read more ›
1. Armatage shanks - 9/10 great start to the album and one of the better songs.
2. Brat - 8/10 - catchy tune and fast paced but it is about wanting your parents to die to get your inheritance - kindof funny in a disturbing way.
3. Stuck with me - 9/10 - this song really grew on me 4 some reason - one of the better songs again.
4. Geek stink breath - 8/10 - has a cool guitar rift in the middle.
5.No pride - 10/10 - probably my favorite song on this album.
6.Bab's uvula who? - 5/10 - dont really like this 1.
7.86 - 10/10 - great song as well - maybe 2nd best on album
8.Panic song - 7/10 this 1ns alrite.
9.stuart and the ave - quite a catchy tune but not one of the best on the album - 7.5/10
10.Brain stew - 5/10 - this is supposed to be the best song on this album but its all a bit slow and repeditive for me.
11. Jaded - 5/10 - really just a wind down from Brain stew. Both of these songs made it to International superhits?
12. Westbound sign - 8/10 - fast paced song again - cool tune.
13. tight wad hill - 6/10 - nothing special.
14. Walking contradiction - 9/10 mean lyrics and a good end to the album.
So there are some good and some average songs on this album but it is still worth buying/ripping from Kazaa or sumthing.Don't ignore this if you already have dookie and nimrod - it might take a while to get used to as well.
1. Armatage Shanks-Third best CD intro by Green Day, Right behind Nice Guys Finish Last and Suffocate. Great drum intro, and powerful power chords. Name doesn't make sense though, but what does that have to do about the greatness of the song? 9/10
2. Brat-Catchy song about a brat waiting for mom and dad to die to collect his inheritance. Mike gives nice fills, but the song loses its genius after 5,000 times listening to it (especially when compared to what is to come). 7/10
3. Stuck With Me-See previous review, plus shouldn't have been on Superhits. 7/10
4. Geek Stink Breath-Cool intro and bridge. 9/10
5. No Pride-Not the best, but worth listening to. 8/10
6. Bab's Uvula Who?-Hated to song when I first listened to it, but one day, my CD player track change button wouldn't work, and you can guess what happened. 9/10
7. 86-Funny song about an old man trying to be young. Good intro Tre! 8/10
8. Panic Song-Weird bass intro with random riffs happening during the first minute or so but gets better. 7/10
9. Stuart and the Avenue- WHY THE HECK DID THIS NOT MAKE IT TO INTERNATIONAL SUPERHITS (are they saving this for Volume II?)!!! IT COULD HAVE REPLACE JADED AND STUCK WITH ME AND STILL MAKE THE CD WORTH BUYING!Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
exactly what I wanted I got. It came right as I wanted it, sealed and everything. Very pleased with this purchase.Published on Nov. 12 2012 by tstephanson
This cd is amazing.Its Green Day after the 1st major album dookie and this album is amazing.The songs are good and my favorite ones are Brainstew,86,Geek Stink Breath and Walking... Read morePublished on Feb. 7 2006 by Boyan
still one of my fave albums of all time. i got this cd the day it came out in 1995 and i still love it to death. Read morePublished on Sept. 21 2004
If "Dookie" is a sort of concept album about the trials and tribulations of growing up, then its followup, the equally great "Insomniac", is about what happens... Read morePublished on June 12 2004 by Ben Dugan
Insomniac is a very good cd. It has my favorite song on it and it has some other good songs too. If you don't have this cd, then you should buy it!Published on May 31 2004
This is Green Day's best album. It is darker than their other albums, which serves as an advantage this time around. It makes it more interesting.
Musically, it is awsome. Read more
This is in my opinion the GREATEST PUNK CD EVER. Buy this NOW. Everyone saying, "They're not punk, they sold out, etc.." is a bunch of crap. Read morePublished on Feb. 9 2004 by Brian
After the huge multi-platinum success of Dookie in 1994, one would think Green Day's follow-up would be happy and poppy. But...they're wrong. Read morePublished on Feb. 7 2004 by Eggplant