Compare Offers on Amazon
|Price:||CDN$ 11.88 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 35. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Armatage Shanks|
|3. Stuck With Me|
|4. Geek Stink Breath|
|5. No Pride|
|6. Bab's Uvula Who?|
|8. Panic Song|
|9. Stuart and The Ave.|
|10. Brain Stew|
|12. Westbound Sign|
|13. Tight Wad Hill|
|14. Walking Contradiction|
Certified at 2 million units by the RIAA. (2/96)
Donner un successeur au multiplatiné Dookie n'a pas été une mince affaire, mais le trio de Berkeley s'en tire haut la main. Cet Insomniac pérennise la même recette, mitonnée à base de culture destroy light et d'assauts pop. Plus proche des seventies britanniques que de ses condisciples d'Offspring, Green Day jette un pont entre l'Angleterre des Buzzcocks ("Stuart"), des Ruts ("Brain Stew"), voire des Who ("Panic Song"), et l'Amérique des Ramones ou des Real Kids pour échafauder un power punk mélodique et pétillant. Les singles inclus, "Armatage Shanks" et "Geek Stink Breath", sont de purs bonheurs, sucrés et acidulés, qui entérinent à jamais une autre victoire de nos gavroches californiens. --Jean-Luc Manet
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
A Songs on this Album:
To a fan of punk rock, every song on this album credits an A, however, some are just remarkablel:
Brat: The second song of the track, one of the best. Starts with the lyrics "Mom and dad don't look so hot these days.." Opening the track up for what's to come. One line of the song really opens you up for what's to come, "I'll just have to wait for them to die." A great track.
Geek Stink Breath: To any other Greenday album, this song is fast.. To this album, it is mellow, but the remarkable beat and lyrics by Billy Armstrong (Who gives out a remarkable performance), make this song so great.
'86: A fast beat, great guitar/bass performance, great lyrics.. Great chorus as well.. What else could one ask for?
Panic Song: The Panic Song opens up with a fast bass/drum performance. As it continues guitar riffs join in. The beat of this song, along with the drums and lyrics make this amazing. It shows how great a chemistry Greenday has togehter.
Brain Stew: The song everyone's probably heard. Opens up with a slow guitar. The guitar repeats three chords over and over, as Billy Joe Armstrong talks about Insomnia.Read more ›
1. Armatage Shanks-- Pretty darn good. A very good chorus, with the line, "I must insist on being a pessimist." Which I would call sheer brilliance. A good way to start off the album. 7/10.
2. Brat-- I don't care much for this song. It's heavy, though, with funny lyrics about a little rich brat anxious for his parents to die so he can get their money. I still always skip it though. 5/10.
3. Stuck With Me-- One of my favorite Green Day songs ever. I have the lyrics written in my agenda for school. It's just so good, I can't describe it. 10/10.
4. Geek Stink Breath-- Very punk and enjoyable, until you get to the chorus. The song kicks majorly, but the chorus is too poppy and kinda ruins the song. It's very hard to understand Billie Joe at times, too. Still a great song though; the bridge instrumental is the best part. 8/10.
5. No Pride-- Guitar intro which leads into a pretty good song. The chorus is very good, and the lyrics cook. Good all around. 7/10.
6. Bab's Uvula Who?-- Probably my least favorite song on the album. It's just too repetitive in the lyrics: every line ends in "all wound up." The instruments are good, but I still don't like it. 4/10.
7. Panic Song-- A two-minute instrumental, which is good but, obviously, boring; and then [great] music to finish it off. The lyrics are about Billie Joe and Mike's anxiety disorder and panic attacks and such. Thank God for fast-forward, or else I'd skip the whole song. 7/10.
8.Read more ›
1.Armatage Shanks-4/5-great song,good way to open the album
"I`m a loner in a catastrophic
mind, elected the rejected,I perfected
the science of the idiots"
"I`m a snot nosed slob without
a job, and I know damn well should
mom and dad don`t look so hot these
days but my futes lookin good"
3.Stuck With Me-3.5/5-good but not my fav
"Find another pleasure (bleep)er drag them
down to hell"
4.Geek Stink Breath-5/5-awesome
"I found a treasure filled with
sick pleasure and it sits on
a thick white line"
5.No Pride-5/5-best song on here
"You better swallow your pride
or your gonna choke on it
you better digest your
values cuz they turn to (bleep)"
6.Bab`s Uvula Who?-5/5-very good
"I got a knack for (bleep)ing everything
up, my temper flies and I get myself all
"What brings you around did you
lose something the last time you
were here you`ll never find it now it`s buried deep
with your idenity so stand aside and let the
next one pass don`t let the door kick you
in the (bleep)"
8.Panic Song-4/5-mostly instrumental but good
"Ready for a cheap escape on the
brink of self destruction widespread panic"
9.Stuart And The Ave.-5/5-3rd best
"In the hands of bad luck before it
might have been some sense but now
it`s all (bleep)ed up"
10.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
exactly what I wanted I got. It came right as I wanted it, sealed and everything. Very pleased with this purchase.Published on Nov. 12 2012 by tstephanson
This cd is amazing.Its Green Day after the 1st major album dookie and this album is amazing.The songs are good and my favorite ones are Brainstew,86,Geek Stink Breath and Walking... Read morePublished on Feb. 7 2006 by Boyan
still one of my fave albums of all time. i got this cd the day it came out in 1995 and i still love it to death. Read morePublished on Sept. 21 2004
When I listen to Warning, I ignore the first four songs and then play the rest (which is all brilliant) straight. Read morePublished on June 27 2004 by J
If "Dookie" is a sort of concept album about the trials and tribulations of growing up, then its followup, the equally great "Insomniac", is about what happens... Read morePublished on June 12 2004 by Ben Dugan
Insomniac is a very good cd. It has my favorite song on it and it has some other good songs too. If you don't have this cd, then you should buy it!Published on May 31 2004
Green day's 4th album - released in 1995, 'Insomniac' came between Their best selling albums Dookie and Nimrod. Read morePublished on May 18 2004 by Chad
Green Day is the best punk band in the world, five times as good as blink-182, Offspring, and Sum 41 rolled into one! Read morePublished on April 23 2004 by D. Baker