Intelligence and Intelligence Analysis Paperback – Jul 14 2011
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'It has been almost a decade since the 9/11 attacks – but we still struggle to conceptualize intelligence in a broader context beyond the traditional foreign policy arena and to find ways to move easily between foreign and domestic intelligence issues. Patrick Walsh, in Intelligence and Intelligence Analysis, offers that broader context, not only by examining a range of both foreign and domestic intelligence issues, but by focusing across the "Five Eyes" intelligence enterprises: the U.S., Britain, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. This is a unique and long-needed approach; Walsh has made a real contribution to the intelligence canon.' – Mark M. Lowenthal, President and CEO, The Intelligence and Security Academy
'This is a thought-provoking and comparative analysis. Discussing intelligence structures and processes both in the national security domain and beyond, it develops a research strategy for more effective and resourced intelligence that will be of much interest to practitioners and researchers alike.' – Professor Peter Gill, Liverpool University
About the Author
Patrick F. Walsh is a senior lecturer (criminal intelligence) at the Australian Graduate School of Policing, Charles Sturt University, Australia; Vice President (admin) of the Australian Institute of Professional Intelligence Officers (AIPIO); and managing editor of the AIPIO Journal.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Military > Intelligence & Espionage
- Books > Law > Criminal Law > Law Enforcement
- Books > Law > Current Affairs
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Crime & Criminals > Criminology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Crime & Criminals > Law Enforcement
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Terrorism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > Terrorism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Criminology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science