Interior Design Reference Manual: Everything You Need to Know to Pass the NCIDQ® Exam Paperback – Mar 1 2010
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The description of the book did not provide the changes from the older edition. Thinking the new manual would provide new information I had returned the previous edition with a loss. To my surprise the latest manual does not provide practice questions and there are only a few changes to the edition.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Thoroughly covers all sections. It also includes information on preparing for the actual exam that is extremely useful such as all the materials you'll need on exam day, what is not allowed on exam day, problems you may encounter, what happens after the exam etc.
Short of sending a computer or robot in to take the exam for you, this manual really does include everything you need to know to pass the exam.
Before you buy this book or register to take the exam, you should check the latest test-taking eligibility requirements. According to NCIDQ, "at least six years of combined college-level interior design education and interior design work experience" are required. If the college education is not CIDA (Council for Interior Design Accredidation)-accredited, then it must have "no less than 120 semester or 180 quarter credits, of which no less than 60 semester or 90 quarter credits are interior design coursework". There are five different routes to attain qualification for taking the NCIDQ exam. There is a chart which you can download from the NCIDQ website.
If you want to use this book as a study guide for the NCIDQ Exam, rather than a reference manual, I'd suggest you to also get practice questions for sections 1, 2, and 3. They are not inexpensive; each book is about 100 pages long and costs $44 to $65.
The book is a comprehensive reference manual for those taking up the NCIDQ exam for interior design - getting certified will improve prospective candidates job opportunities and just looked up on monster and there are a few jobs that ask for NCIDQ certified candidates.
- the book is a good reference manual
- Comprehensive - covering the length and breadth
- No sample Q&A
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Test Preparation > Graduate & Professional > Professional
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Interior Design > Lighting
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Project Planning & Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Reference > Codes & Standards
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Reference > Study & Teaching
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Sustainability & Green Design
- Books > Textbooks > Architecture
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Architecture
- Books > Textbooks > Test Prep & Study Guides