- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
International Review of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 2000 Hardcover – Jul 6 2000
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This is the fifteenth in the most famous series of annual volumes in the field of industrial and organizational psychology. The series provides authoritative and integrative reviews of the key literature of industrial psychology and organizational behaviour. The chapters are written by established experts and the topics are carefully chosen to reflect the major concerns in the research literature and in current practice
This Millennium volume continues to provide coverage of emergent issues such as: Performance and Expertise at Work; the Impact of Telework; Employee Relations and the Psychological Contract for the Twenty-first Century; Working Hours, Health and Performance; Acts of Betrayal and their Implications; and Entrepreneurial Success. Also covered in this volume is an examination of Applied Behavior Analysis Research in the World of Work, and a critique of research knowledge on Individual Adaptation at Work. Each chapter offers a comprehensive and critical survey of a chosen topic, and each is supported by a valuable bibliography.
For advanced students, academics, and researchers, as well as professional psychologists and managers, this continues as the most authoritative and current guide to developments and established knowledge in the field of industrial and organizational psychology. Contributors to Volume 15 Paul M. Brewerton (England) Timothy Coombs (USA) Cary L. Cooper (England) David Chan (Singapore) Michael Frese (Germany) Gary R. Henderson (USA) Judith L. Komaki (USA) Udo Konradt (Germany) Mike Mälecke (Germany) Lynne J. Millward (England) Jone L. Pearce (USA) Andreas Rauch (The Netherlands) Thomas P. Redding Jr (USA) Stephen Schepman (USA) Renate Schmook (Germany) Sabine Sonnentag (The Netherlands) Anne Spurgeon (England)
About the Author
Cary L Cooper Manchester School of Management, UMIST, P O Box 88, Manchester M60 1QD, UK. email@example.com Cary Cooper received his BS and MBA degrees from the University of California, Los Angeles, his PhD from the University of Leeds, UK, and an honorary MSc from the University of Manchester, UK. He is currently BUPA Professor of Organizational Psychology and Health, Manchester School of Management and Pro-vice Chancellor of UMIST. Professor Cooper was founding President of the British Academy of Management and is a Fellow of the British Psychological Society, Royal Society of Arts, Royal Society of Medicine and Royal Society of Health. He is also the founding editor of the Journal of Organizational Behavior and co-editor of Stress Medicine, and serves on the editorial board of a number of other scholarly journals, He is the author of nearly 100 books ( in the occupational stress and organizational psychology fields). He has written over 250 scholarly articles for academic journals and is a frequent contributor to national newspapers, TV and radio. Ivan Robertson Manchester School of Management, UMIST, P O Box 88, Manchester M60 1QD, UK. Ivan.firstname.lastname@example.org Ivan Robertson is Professor of Occupational Psychology at UMIST. He is a fellow of the BPS and a Chartered Psychologist. His research and teaching interests focus on individual differences and organizational factors related to human performance. His other publications include over 15 books and 100 scientific articles and conference papers.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Processes & Infrastructure
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Industrial Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Occupational & Organizational
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Occupational & Industrial Medicine
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Reproductive & Sexual > Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Occupational & Industrial Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Human Resources
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Occupational & Industrial Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology