- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Internet Linguistics: A Student Guide Hardcover – Mar 11 2011
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Crystal draws on his wealth of expertise to shed light on the important issues related to language form and use online.Internet Linguistics should be read by all graduate and undergraduate students interested in applied linguistics, sociolinguistics, and computer-mediated communication.' - Mark Warschauer, University of California
'David Crystal is a master linguist and master teacher. Given his expertise on language and the internet, he is the ideal author for this student text.' - Naomi S. Baron, American University
'As an undergraduate textbook Internet Linguistics would serve quite well, especially supplemented by original articles for depth or comparison and contrast of positions. Crystal suggests that the book assumes a basic knowledge of linguistic concepts, but most terms are understandable in context and he usually defines technical terms when they are critical to his point, so technical terms should not be a barrier. Internet Linguistics is certainly worth consideration as conveying a broad sense of a principled discipline in a format that is easy to read.' - Sean Rintel, The University of Queensland
About the Author
David Crystal is a freelance writer, lecturer and broadcaster, based in Holyhead, North Wales. He is author of numerous books including Just a Phrase I’m Going Through (Routledge 2009). The first Routledge David Crystal Lectures DVD, The Future of Language, was published in 2009.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media > Internet & Education
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Introductory & Beginning > Computer Dictionaries
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Computer
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > English as a Second Language
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Communication
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Communications
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking
- Books > Textbooks > English As a Second Language
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Linguistics