The Intimacy Paradox: Personal Authority in the Family System Hardcover – Oct 25 1991
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"In this illuminating and intriguing book, Williamson articulates his well delineated ideas on how to intervene to promote the co-evolution of self-differentiation from the family of origin with the establishment of closeness as an adult within the family system. His comprehensive model, derived from long years of clinical and supervisory experiences and analytic reflections on these experiences, is presented in a compelling, highly readable fashion. Important reading for anyone interested in intimate and dynamically evolving personal relationships.' --Florence Kaslow, Ph.D.
"An excellent and thoughtful text--clearly written. A good tool for students' reflection on their family of origin." --Joseph Horak, Wayne State University (Grand Rapids Satellite), Graduate School of Social Work, Grand Rapids, Michigan
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Compulsive Behaviour
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > By Topic > Family
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Counseling > Couples & Family Therapy
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychoanalysis
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychopathology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy