- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Intrepid Warriors: Perspectives on Canadian Military Leaders Paperback – Nov 15 2007
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
There is always much to learn for young servicemen and women in reading military history. Happily, this book is more than a text, and it can-and should-be read by anyone willing to spend a few hours reading good Canadian military history.(J.L. Granatstein Legion Magazine)
Intrepid Warriors is a first-rate survey of character elements vital to military command as well as of heroic individuals.
Command and leadership are very personal endeavours. The manner in which an individual commands others and exercises leadership speaks more to the character and personality of the individual in question than it does to the concept of command or leadership in and of themselves.
Intrepid Warriors takes an intimate look at a number of Canada's finest military commanders and leaders during the crucible of war. Collectively, the chapters in this volume offer invaluable insights into different command and leadership approaches, behaviours, and styles. They also reinforce the timeless truth that the character and presence of courageous leaders are critical to military outcomes, particularly during times of ambiguity, uncertainty, and chaos.
About the Author
Colonel Bernd Horn is an experienced serving infantry officer who is currently the director of the Canadian Forces Leadership Institute. He is also an adjunct professor of history at the Royal Military College of Canada. His previous Dundurn Press books include The Canadian Way of War: Serving the National Interest, Warrior Chiefs: Perspectives on Senior Canadian Military Leaders, and Paras vs the Reich: Canada's Paratroopers at War, 1942-1945.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism > Regional > Canadian
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Historical > Canadian
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Military
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Military & Spies
- Books > History > Americas > Canada > 20th Century
- Books > History > Canada > 20th Century
- Books > History > Military > Biographies
- Books > History > Military > Canada
- Books > History > Military Science
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Government > Military