An Introduction to Gait Analysis Paperback – Feb 5 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Now onto its fourth edition this text aims to cover the gait cycle down to a tee. It starts you off on the basics and gradually progresses in more depth.
The subject of gait analysis is approached from a biomechanical point of view with a lot of joint angle analysis, levers and moments and quite a bit on the equipment used to analyse gait. At points you begin to feel like you are looking at a robot and you have to remind yourself that this is human gait analysis.
There does not seem to be much coverage of observational gait analysis which is one fundamental part of physiotherapy practice.
While this is generally a good book for gait analysis, for us, as physiotherapists, to benefit from it we may need to spend some time interpreting the text and applying it from a slightly different perspective.
- Steve Canning, In Touch, Spring 2008, No. 122.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Allied Health Professions > Physical Therapy
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Surgery
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Allied Health Professions > Physical Therapy
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Allied Health Services > Physical Therapy