- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Introduction to Polymer Viscoelasticity Hardcover – Aug 8 2005
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The book will provide the reader with a very good understanding of viscoelastic behavior on a molecular scale and details the latest techniques..." (IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, July/August 2006)
"The book is clear written and…[is] appropriate for students in introductory undergraduate courses and for others wanting introduction to the fundamentals of the subject." (CHOICE, December 2005)
"This book is invariably well written, logically organized and easy to follow...I highly recommend this book to anyone studying polymer viscoelasticity." (Polymer News, December 2005)
From the Back Cover
A revised molecular approach to a classic on viscoelastic behavior
Because viscoelasticity affects the properties, appearance, processing, and performance of polymers such as rubber, plastic, and adhesives, a proper utilization of such polymers requires a clear understanding of viscoelastic behavior.
Now in its third edition, Introduction to Polymer Viscoelasticity remains a classic in the literature of molecular viscoelasticity, bridging the gap between primers on polymer science and advanced research-level monographs. Assuming a molecular, rather than a mechanical approach, the text provides a strong grounding in the fundamental concepts, detailed derivations, and particular attention to assumptions, simplifications, and limitations.
This Third Edition has been entirely revised and updated to reflect recent developments in the field. New chapters include:
- Phenomenological Treatment of Viscoelasticity
- Viscoelastic Models
- Time-Temperature Correspondence
- Transitions and Relaxation in Polymers
- Elasticity of Rubbery Networks
- Dielectric and NMR Methods
With detailed explanations, corresponding equations, and experimental methods, supported by real-life applications (as well as the inclusion of a CD-ROM with data to support the exercises), this Third Edition provides today's students and professionals with the tools they need to create polymers with more desirable qualities than ever.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Chemical > Materials
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Chemical > Polymer Chemistry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Materials Science > Mechanical Properties of Solids
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Materials Science > Polymer Science
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Polymers & Macromolecules
- Books > Textbooks