Introduction to the Senses: From Biology to Computer Science Hardcover – Jun 29 2012
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The book concludes with 28 pages of useful and excellent references for those who want additional information. Overall, the book is certainly interesting to read and will be useful for researchers using sensing technology in areas such as human-computer interaction or robotics."
Ramaswamy Palaniappan, Computing Reviews
"Reading this book gave me several hours of intellectual pleasure. Discovering the nuances of the senses is extremely exciting, and the author presents the concepts in a didactic manner that, most of the time, makes them appear natural to the reader. The distance between the fields of biology and engineering and computer science is generally regarded as great. However, after reading this book, it seems like the distance is quickly shrinking and the line that separates the fields is narrowing."
Agusti Solanas, Computing Reviews
"Both the breadth and depth of Introduction to the Senses are impressive... More than anything, it serves to inspire. A go-to resource for pertinent ideas, this is indeed a reference book worth keeping on the shelf."
Jean Huang, The Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine
Using information theory as a unifying framework, this is a wide-ranging survey of sensory systems, covering all known senses. It highlights how an understanding of the senses is important not only across the biological sciences but also in applied areas such as human computer interaction, robotics and computer games.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Game Programming
- Books > Medical Books > Basic Sciences > Physiology
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Neurology > Neuroscience
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Biophysics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics
- Books > Science & Math > Evolution > Molecular Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Basic Science > Physiology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Neurology > Neuroscience
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Biophysics
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Graphics & Visualization
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Neuroscience
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Physics