An Introduction to Visualization, Modeling, and Graphics for Engineering Design Paperback – Feb 7 2008
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
An Introduction to Graphical Communication in Engineering. Sketching. Visualization. Working in a Team Environment. Creativity and the Design Process. Solid Modeling.
About the Author
Dennis K. Lieu is professor of mechanical engineering at the University of California, Berkeley, where he was formerly the associate dean of student affairs. He also received his B.S., M.S., and D.Eng. in mechanical engineering from U.C. Berkeley. After working for six years as a design engineer in industry, he returned to his alma mater to join its faculty. Professor Lieu has taught engineering graphics for over 25 years and has been a member of the Engineering Design Graphics Division of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) for 23 years. His research interests are in the design of electro-mechanical machines and the design of sports equipment, and he is the author or co-author of numerous articles on engineering graphics education. He is a member of Tau Beta Pi, Pi Tau Sigma, and Phi Beta Kappa, as well as a recipient of the University of California Distinguished Teaching Award and the Orthogonal Medal awarded by North Carolina State University, for his contributions to engineering graphics education.
Sheryl Sorby is currently a professor of Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics at Michigan Technological University, where she was formerly the Associate Dean for Academic Programs and the Department Chair of Engineering Fundamentals. She was the recipient of the Betty Vetter research award through the Women in Engineering Program Advocates Network (WEPAN) for her work in improving the success of women engineering students through the development of a spatial skills course. She has also received the Engineering Design Graphics Distinguished Service Award, the Distinguished Teaching Award, and the Dow Outstanding New Faculty Award, all from ASEE, where she serves as Associate Editor of Advances in Engineering Education.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design > CAD
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Drafting & Presentation > CAD
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Manufacturing
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Mechanical > Drafting & Mechanical Drawing
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Industrial & Technical
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Applied > Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Architecture
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Architecture