- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Investing in E-Health: What it Takes to Sustain Consumer Health Informatics Hardcover – Aug 23 2007
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the reviews:
"This is the report of a project, funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, on the planning and implementation of a specific Interactive Health Communication System (IHCS). … The editors state that the audience includes clinical providers, healthcare administrators, healthcare informatics professionals, and students. However, the more focused audience includes those who are implementing such systems and the administrators trying to secure a budget and support for such projects." (Judith A. DePalma, Doody's Review Service, December, 2007)
From the Back Cover
Investing in eHealth: What it Takes to Sustain Consumer Health Informatics examines the evolution of the IHCS and the significant changes in organizational culture and operational systems that may be required for successful and sustained implementation. This book culminates a set of general guidelines for any health care provider striving to successfully employ the model, and suggests directions for future research on the diffusion of IHCSs and related technologies.
Investing in eHealth provides a principled approach to support health care managers, clinicians, and educators interested in complementing clinical services with interactive health communication systems (IHCSs).
David H. Gustafson, PhD, is a professor of Industrial Engineering and Preventive Medicine at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is also Director of the University’s Center of Excellence in Cancer Communication Research and Director of the National Program Office for the National Improvement Network for Addiction Treatment.
Patricia Flatley Brennan, RN, PhD, is a Moehlman Bascom Professor for the School of Nursing and College of Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She has also served as director of HeartCare and president of the American Medical Informatics Association.
Robert Hawkins, PhD, is a professor at the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Administration & Medicine Economics > Hospital Administration
- Books > Medical Books > Administration & Medicine Economics > Public Health
- Books > Medical Books > Medical Informatics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Poverty > Social Services & Welfare
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Hospital Administration
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Public Health