- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Italian Grill Hardcover – Apr 22 2008
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“In his new cookbook, Italian Grill, the star chef steps up to the grate with amazing recipes that express his extroverted approach to flavor.” (Food & Wine)
“Mario Batali is a madman/hero. Is there nothing he’s not good at? Great chef, successful restaurateur, an author, an intellectual, host of a ridiculously informative and much-too-good-for-television TV show, afficianado of fine rock and roll, and a man of Falstaffian appetites.” (Anthony Bourdain)
“Ingenious....this is an essential collection for any serious backyard cook.” (Publishers Weekly (starred review))
About the Author
Mario Batali is the James Beard Award-winning author of eight cookbooks, including Molto Batali, Molto Gusto, Molto Italiano, and Spain...A Culinary Road Trip, as well as the app Mario Batali Cooks! With a host of television shows to his name; fifteen restaurants; and Eataly, a fifty-thouasand-square-foot Italian marketplace in New York City's Flatiron District that he co-owns with his partner, Joe Bastianich, Mario Batali is one of the most recognized and most respected chefs working in America today. Mario splits his time between New York City's Greenwich Village and northern Michigan with his wife and their two sons.
Top Customer Reviews
...amazing simple recipes....the spit roasted duck was just amazing...
Wouldn't miss a BBQ with out it!
The book comprises:
- Grilling basics
- Ingredients and techniques
- Pizza and Flatbreads
- Fish and Shellfish
OK - so far my favourites are:
- Portobellos with Arugula and Parmigiano
- Asparagus Wrapped in Pancetta with Cintronette
- Grilled Scamorza with Olio Piccante - LOVE this one!!
- Radiocchio in Pancetta with Pears and Balsamic
- Marinated Zucchini with Ricotta and Bottarga
- Fennel with Sambuca and Grapefruit
- Focaccina with Roasted Garlic, Shallots and Provolone
- Piadina with Prosciutto and Mascarpone
- Shrimp Rosemary
- Grilled Lobster with Lemon Oil
- Mackerel "In Scapece"
- Spicy Black-Pepper-Coated Drumsticks
- Guinea Hen Breasts with Rosemary and Pesto
- Grilled Lamb Chops Scottadita
- Pork Loin with Milk Sauce
- Pork Shoulder Braciole
- Butternut Squash with Vin Cotto
- Corn "As Italians Would Eat It"
- Waxy Potatoes in Chianti Vinegar
Whew - that's a lot. And many more in my book are marked to try. It is not often so many recipes leap off the page as they do with this book. You can practically hear and smell the sizzle of the grill just looking at the book!
If you want to try a few different things on your grill that don't require uncommon ingredients give this book a try. One of my favourite grilling books.