No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
It's Okay to Cry Kindle Edition
|Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled||Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersFire Tablets
Kindle Monthly Deals
Each month we unveil a new collection of Kindle books for $3.99 or less. Deals expire on the last day of the month. See more.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
At the funeral, Bethann has genuine tears for her grandmother, but Holly remains dry-eyed, "ugly, greedy, mean." (Loc. 13) The mother of the two girls hanged herself in jail, and their father died from drinking, so a lot of Holly's problems are understandable. Bethann heads to her car and is hoping in the back of her mind that Holly's shadow isn't following, but the same shadow that has always followed Bethann is lumbering along behind, casting that of the two-hundred pound sister behind Bethann.
Holly was pregnant at fifteen, and Bethann isn't sure she can even read. Bethann doesn't know what kind of job Holly can hold down, but hold down a job she must because Bethann cannot support her by herself. Holly needs to learn to express her feelings and to gain some self-esteem and her sister is hoping to help her to do that.
This is an excellently written short story by a master of writing. Characters are genuine and whether you like them or not, you will feel something for them, and in the end, it really is okay to cry.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Death & Grief > Grief & Bereavement
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Adoption
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Occult
- Kindle Store > English Language Store
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Death & Grief > Grief & Bereavement
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Psychological & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Parenting & Relationships > Adoption
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Occult