- Student Exclusive: Amazon Prime Student members save 10% on all textbook purchases. Enter code TEXT10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Ivor Horton's Beginning Java Paperback – Sep 27 2011
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The most thorough and accessible introduction to the Java language
Whether you want to learn Java to write customized applets to embed in your web pages or large-scale applications, this is the book for you. Ivor Horton's comprehensive and easy-to-use tutorial guide provides you with the essential know-how for developing programs using the latest Java Development Kit 7 (JDK 7). It integrates step-by-step examples with clear explanations of key concepts to clearly show you the ins and outs of Java development. As you progress through the chapters, you'll gain invaluable programming experience that will enable you to begin writing fully featured, real-world Java programs.
Ivor Horton's Beginning Java:
- Covers the main terms and concepts that are essential to programming in Java
- Explains what the language elements do and how you can effectively apply them in practice
- Provides an extensive introduction to the key packages in the Java class library illustrated with full working examples
- Walks you through building a robust application to give you a better understanding of how to apply Java in practical projects
- Explores the XML and XSLT capability that comes with the JDK
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
About the Author
Ivor Horton is one of the preeminent authors of tutorials on the Java, C, and C++ programming languages. He is widely known for the tutorial style of his books, which provide step-by-step guidance easily understood even by first-time programmers. Horton is also a systems consultant in private practice.
Top Customer Reviews
The PDF version was more useful, since at 150% zoom on a 27" monitor, it was easier to read.
The author does a reasonably good job, since programming is a very complicated subject matter.
Every line of the program code shows NO indentation.
Many of the code is in ONE long line. (CR-LF lost)
Other kindle books work well. Only this book is problematic.
The publisher should have checked it.
I wish the publisher to correct this kindle version immediately. (it seems easy.)
Or irrespective of readers?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I than proceeded to write my first program and applet in 60 minutes. I've found the discussion on classes to be informative without weighing me down too much into the details, but providing enough information to jump start my training. I had tried other instruction books on the topic and found the discussions to be distracting. I'm 52 pages into the 1100+ page book and found that I really connected with this resource.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Introductory & Beginning
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Java > Beginner's Guides
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Object-Oriented Design
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages