Jewish Wisdom for Business Success: Lessons from the Torah and Other Ancient Texts Hardcover – Sep 10 2008
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"This book may not turn you into a millionaire, but it could certainly help save--or wisely invest--the money you have." -- Jewish Exponent (Philadelphia, PA)
About the Author
Rabbi Levi Brackman (Evergreen, Colorado) is a columnist for Ynetnews.com, the English website of the Israeli daily newspaper Yedioth Acharonot. He is the founder and director of several Jewish outreach organizations. Sam Jaffe (Evergreen, Colorado) is a business consultant and former financial columnist whose articles appeared in the Wall Street Journal , PopularScience, The New Republic, and Scientific American .
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com
I pay my associates to read something about business for thirty minutes at the start of each day, to teach them things they did not know, remind them of the things they do know, and to get them focussed on their priorities of the day. We have a nice selection of books from which they can choose, some being classics.
Mostly, they seem to acknowledge the benefits of this and make their way through the books. Not so, the Jewish Wisdom for Business Success. They devoured it. Their eyes were glued to the pages. I got a copy for each of them.
I personally got so much from it that I use it as a study book. I read some of it each morning. By the time I get to the end, I am looking forward to starting over again.
So, I am now back, buying more of the books to give to friends.
There are three features of the book that are particularly helpful. Each section ends with a specific insight (application) for business and an insight for our personal life from the teaching. Each chapter ends with guided meditation to solidify the application and understanding of the principle. Finally, there are real-world examples throughout the book that serve as examples of the concept from which we can pattern our own thinking on our business.
For the most part, readers will not be surprised at the nine principles taught. What is surprising is the ability of the authors to enable the reader to take ownership of the concepts and integrate them into every aspect of life and business. That is the real value of this book.
- conquer the fear that may be holding you back
- harness will power
- remove your ego from the equation to maintain valuable partnerships
- master negociation techniques, deal with failure
- utilize spiritual entrepreneurship
- harvest the power of positivity
- find the right balance of character traits to succeed in any career or business venture
Each chapter is well structured with advice, stories and at the end of each sub-chapter and chapter there is an insight for business and insight for life quote.
You not only will read the book once or twice, but use it as a tool for developing your business or businesses to the next level.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Business Life > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > Sacred Writings > Torah
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > Theology
- Books > Self-Help > Success