- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: RMB | Rocky Mountain Books (May 11 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1897522258
- ISBN-13: 978-1897522257
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.5 x 22.6 cm
- Shipping Weight: 318 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #554,753 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Jimmy Simpson: Legend of the Rockies Paperback – Oct 1 2009
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The Stoney Indians called him "Nashan-esen" meaning "wolverine-go-quick" because of his speed in traveling on snowshoes over the rugged landscape of the Canadian Rockies. This book is the story of Jimmy Simpson's eighty year epic as one of the most important guides, outfitters, lodge operators, hunters, naturalists, and artists in the Canadian Rockies. The story takes him from blazing the trails in the valley bottoms to ascending some of the highest peaks in the range, from leading scientists, mountaineers, big game hunters and world famous artists through some of the unimaginable scenery on earth to entertaining thousands of visitors at his famous lodge at Bow Lake with his true and tall tales of the pioneer days. --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
About the Author
E.J. “Ted” Hart is the director of the Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies in Banff and the author of numerous popular and bestselling books on the Canadian Rockies.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com
It was an entertaining and descriptive history of my newly adopted home. The author describes in vivid detail what the area was like 100 years ago and one doesn't need look too hard to find the footprints left by Jimmy Simpson and his friends.
A good read that has inspired me to read more of the original frontiersmen, the area and those who documented it (eg. artist Carl Rungius).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism > Regional > Canadian
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Artists, Architects & Photographers
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Historical > Canadian
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups > Adventurers & Explorers
- Books > History > Americas > Canada
- Books > History > Canada
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Mountaineering > Mountain Climbing
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Mountaineering & Climbing