The Job Developer's Handbook: Practical Tactics for Customized Employment Paperback – Jul 17 2007
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"A practically-oriented, how-to texta Focuses not on modifying individual deficits and behaviors but on understanding people's individual strengths, emphasizing their accomplishments, and understanding their personal and social resources." "
About the Author
Mr. Griffin is Senior Partner at Griffin-Hammis Associates, LLC, a full-service consultancy specializing in building communities of economic cooperation, creating highperformance organizations, and focusing on disability and employment. He is also Codirector of the U.S. Department of Labor''¬'¢s National Self-Employment Technical Assistance, Resources, and Training project with Virginia Commonwealth University and former Director of Special Projects at the Rural Institute at The University of Montana. He is also past director of an adult vocational program in southern Colorado, former Assistant Director of the Rocky Mountain Resource and Training Institute, and former Founder and Executive Director of CTAT in Colorado.
Mr. Hammis is Senior Partner at Griffin-Hammis Associates, LLC, a full-service consultancy specializing in building communities of economic cooperation, creating highperformance organizations, and focusing on disability and employment. He maintains an ongoing relationship with the Rural Institute at The University of Montana, where he served as Project Director for multiple self-employment, employment, and Social Security outreach training and technical assistance projects, including the Rural Institute''¬'¢s Rural Entrepreneurship and Self-Employment Expansion Design Project. He works with organizations nationally and internationally on self-employment, benefits analysis, supported employment, and employment engineering. Mr. Hammis has worked in supported and self-employment since 1988 and is personally responsible for the implementation of thousands of Plans to Achieve Self-Support leading to employment, self-employment, and enhanced personal resources for people with disabilities. In July 1996, Mr. Hammis received the International Association for Persons in Supported Employment Professional of the Year Award for his ''¬Åoutstanding support and commitment to people with disabilities, especially in the areas of career development and the use of Social Security work incentives.''¬
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Milt Tyree, Lexington, KY
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Job Hunting & Careers > Guides
- Books > Business & Investing > Job Hunting & Careers > Vocational Guidance
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Special Education
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Adolescent Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Child Psychology > Psychology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Poverty > Social Services & Welfare
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Social Work
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > Disabled
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Counseling
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Special Education
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy