Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Joby-Gorillapod Slr Zoom Tripod
- Flexible tripod designed for digital SLRs or camcorders weighing up to 6.6 pounds (3 kilograms)
- Fits into your purse, backpack or roomy jacket pocket
- Innovative-segmented leg design to ensure secure mounting
- Standard universal 1/4-20 screw for attaching your camera to the tripod mount or use your own tripod head, 1/4-to-3/8-inch adapter included
- Expands creative options or lets everyone get into self-timer shots
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The Gorillapod SLR-ZOOM is designed with the serious photographer in mind. Its sturdy prehensile legs help achieve a steady shot with your SLR and zoom lenses. It attaches to any standard SLR cameras, video cameras, or even your own tripod head. The Gorillapod SLR-ZOOM can support a whopping six pounds, while still maintaining its companct size.
Whether you're using your SLR camera to shoot time-lapse photos, get up close with a macro lens, capture your daughter's winning goal from the sidelines, or snap images for the local newspaper, Gorillapod SLR-ZOOM is the perfect companion for your next adventure. Throw one in your bag and start shooting like a pro!
- Flexible joints bend and rotate 360° to form the perfect shape. The Gorillapod uses high-quality, injection-molded plastic for snug joints that stay firm after lots of action.
- Adapter screw allows you to mount both the standard 1/4-inch cameras and other 3/8-inch professional tripod heads.
- Rubberized ring & foot grips provide extra gripping power to grapple wherever you want to go.
- The Gorillapod SLR-ZOOM is designed with the serious photographer in mind. It attaches to SLRs (with zoom lenses!), video cameras and professional tripod heads, and it can support up to 6.6 lbs (3 kg)!
- Intended for: Tripod mountable cameras and professional tripod heads
- Max weight load: 3000g (6.5 lbs)
- Adapter: Universal 1/4-in tripod screw plus a 3/8-inch adapter screw
- Size: 250 x 60 x 60mm (9.8 x 2.4 x 2.4in)
- Weight: 241g (8.5 oz)
- Habitat: Anywhere!
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Now, the quick release feature on this gorillapod it's incredible helpful. I can attach and detach my camera off the gorillapod in a second! With this feature I can simply slide my camera into the pod and start shooting quickly. I love it!
The fluid head works perfectly I can position it at any place and secure it without a hassle. The leveler behind the quick release plate works perfectly. I can now see if I'm holding my camera straight or if I'm tilting it.
Getting the legs straight can be a pain if you have massive OCD like I do. You won't be able to fit this tripod in your pockets so keep that in mind. I bought this because I don't have a tripod for my camera and I thought it would be fun to wrap it around trees and strange places, carry it around without a problem, or even use it as a normal tripod. I will go out on a roadtrip with my friends and I think it would be cool to record some cool adventures. I hope this gorillapod can come in handy during the roadtrip.
I would definitely recommend this product to anyone! All the way from a video blogger to a regular guy that wants to take some cool shots. I believe that if you're dealing with cameras, having this gorillapod is a must! It can help you in so many ways to get a perfect film or photo.
I used to have the smaller version of this pod but it couldn't handle my mirrorless camera + I believe it didn't last much. With this bigger and better pod I feel invincible! I love it and I hope you love it too!
If you have any more questions about this product, please don't hesitate on asking me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
I hope you enjoy your purchase!
JOBY makes good products and I will give the company a good review. I ordered the ball head, and then I ordered the heavier, larger tripod. I give that rig a 5 star review. So don't be cheap. ( See photo attachment. The one on the right is the one to get.)
My advice, don't get this cheaper, smaller tripod (the one with gray foot pads and gray colored bands.) Buy the bigger, more expensive one and you will be happy. I got the model with metallic links, black bands and black foot balls. Works great. So, JOBY tripods are great, but get one that will support your camera. You'll be glad you spent a few extra bucks.
Gorillapod filled the bill. Bought it with the BH1 ball head, and strongly suggest some kind of adjustable 'head' as screwing the camera onto the g'pod alone gives very restricted movement.
Used the G'pod extensively in the 'TerraCotta Warrior' exhibit in Xi'an. Almost perfect. Attached my Nikon D90 with a medium zoom. Wrapped the flex-legs around the guard rail and shot some very low exposures. Worked well. Attaching the 70-300mm zoom caused some 'creep' unless the lens/camera combo was almost level. Still, that's a lot of weight for so small a ball-head, and should be expected.
Night shots along the seawall in Shanghai and Hong Kong were perfect. DO use a self timer or remote release, as this isn't the most stable of platforms. That said, there aren't many tripods which will curl up in your camera bag. Took it to several museums which required a "Professional" permit for tripod usage and no one batted an eye.
Pro: Small, inexpensive, sturdy and okay for light zooms.
Con: The tacky rubber rings WILL slip on metal rails w/o careful adjustment.
These clip Joby GP1-11EN Quick Release Replacement Clips for Joby GP1 GorillaPod - Set of 2 might sit evenly, but I already returned the ballhead and can't test it out.
Look for similar items by category