No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Gene Kemp has established herself as one of the most inventive and imaginative of British children's writers. She was born in 1926 and grew up in Staffordshire. After studying at Exeter University she taught, married and had three children. She is best-known for her Cricklepit School stories, including The Turbulent Term of Tyke Tiler, a winner of the Carnegie Medal and the Children's Rights Award, Charlie Lewis Plays for Time, which was runner-up for the Whitbread Award in 1985, and Just Ferret, which was a runner-up for the Smarties Award in 1990. In addition, she has written The Clock Tower Ghost, Jason Bodger and the Priory Ghost (short stories) and a poetry anthology. She also writes for TV and radio. In 1984 she was awarded an honorary degree for her books, which have been translated into numerous languages. She lives in Devon. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Animals > Fiction
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Bullies
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Formats > Large Print > Children's Books
- Books > Formats > Large Print > Literature & Fiction