Just Push Play Enhanced
|Price:||CDN$ 14.82 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Beyond Beautiful|
|2. Just Push Play|
|4. Fly Away From Here|
|5. Trip Hoppin'|
|7. Under My Skin|
|8. Luv Lies|
|9. Outta Your Head|
|10. Drop Dead Gorgeous|
|11. Light Inside|
|12. Avant Garden|
Includes Two Tracks Not on the USA Full Length CD, 'face' and 'under My Skin (Reprise) which is on USA 'jaded' Single
It's difficult to separate Aerosmith from their glorious/inglorious history--one that's seen more revivals than West Side Story. For better or worse, the stalwart Boston quintet carry a load of preconceptions that are impossible to shake. Thus Just Push Play begs the question: If this 12-song set was the product of a bunch of upstarts, would it cause much of a commotion? The answer: Absolutely! Working with coproducers and song collaborators Marti Frederiksen and Mark Hudson, Aerosmith have forged an album that gracefully fuses '70s hard-rock grit with contemporary gloss. The pop-infused likes of the sweeping "Jaded" and the insistent "Sunshine" best demonstrate the formula that Tyler, Perry, and company have settled on for now, while gliding strings surge over Tyler's patented screech and the no-nonsense grind of the four instrumentalists. Mailed-in lyrics and a few self-conscious nods to the times mar Just Push Play, but the pleasures to be had here overwhelm the album's deficiencies. --Steven Stolder
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I didn't have "Just Push Play", though. And guess what? I had it for about a week, listen to it, tried to give a chance. And then I threw it away. My CD shelves are overstuffed enough as it is, I don't have room for CDs that I'm never going to listen to again anyway.
There so many completely forgettable (or downright awful) songs here, and the production, which can't decide if it wants to bury the songs in grunge-like noise or present them as sleek 21st century pop-rock numbers, is terrible.
I like dirty electric guitars as much as anyone, but I prefer it when they're actually playing something resembling a riff, or at least a rhythm of some kind...not just roaring aimlessly away.
This album gives me a headache. And no, I'm not 65, I was barely born when Aerosmith was formed.
The tuneful, hook-laden (and relatively cleanly produced) "Jaded" is really good, "Fly Away From Here" was a hit, so some people must have liked that one as well, and "Luv Lies" and the semi-acoustic "Face" are at least listenable.
The rest? Yuck. Boring pseudo-rap ("Outta My Head"), weird "Strawberry Fields"-like vocals ("Drop Dead Gorgeous"), and dull, predictable, noisy, riff-less, hook-less garage rock (most everything else). And the lousiest production ever to marr an Aerosmith album. Is this album meant to be played in techno clubs or what?Read more ›
1. Beyond Beautiful. This song is a hard rockin classic Aerosmith song with a great Joe Perry guitar solo.10/10.
2. Just Push Play. This is my favorite song off of the album. Its very unique and sounds very much like Get a Grip. Very fast paced and has a great groove to it. F**kin' A!10/10.
3. Jaded. Everyone has heard this one. Its the hit off of this album and it is very good song and has a great melody. 9/10.
4. Fly away from here. Although this one is not written by the band its a good ballad and sounds a lot like I Dont wanna miss a thing.10/10.
5. Trip Hoppin. This is a very groovy, almost jazzy type of song.The song features Tower of Power which do the horns on the Other Side. 9/10.
6. Sunshine. This is another one of my perosonal favorites, and was the second hit off of this album. Very cool chorus. 10/10.
7. Under my Skin. This has some hard rockin guitar in it and a catchy chorus. 10/10.
8. Luv Lies. Not a bad ballad but not one of my favorites. Still some good harmonica in it. 8/10.
9. Outta your head. This a rap rock song that has an awesome beat to it. 10/10.
10. Drop Dead Gorgeous. A unique sounding song with Joe Perry singin lead vocals with Steven. 8/10.
11. Light Inside. Theres some good drums in this song with some 70's sounding guitar.9/10.
12. Avant Garden. One of the best songs off of the album. Has great lyrics from Steven that speak to the heart. Sounds a lot like Fallen Angels off of Nine Lives. 10/10.
13. Under my Skin Remix.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
After hearing Jaded, perhaps I expected too much from Just Push Play. Unfortunately there were only two songs that really stand out (in a good way) to me. Read morePublished on July 18 2004 by roamer
Aerosmith, One of the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers. Here i'll review each song. Norm Album, no bonus track
1. Read more
What was one of the best American hard rock bands of the seventies has become PURE BUBBLEGUM. As far as I'm concerned, this is Britney Spears, this is Backstreet boys, and yes... Read morePublished on June 11 2004 by John Candy
A wonderful album with electrifying and captivating songs!!Steven Tyler is a truely bueatiful songwritter with an amazing voice!!!!Published on April 23 2004
I bought this when it was first released. I listened to it twice when I got it home and I've listened to it twice since then.
It's horrible. Read more
As soon as you start listening to this album you notice that there is a lot of keyboards and lots of computer effects involved. Read morePublished on April 19 2004 by Killing Inc.
I like most fans was full of hope when it was announced the Bad Boys from Boston where going to produce this albom themselves but like most fans was let down. Read morePublished on March 19 2004 by S. Carter
This is a good album. Not as good as the others but dosent disapoint. Aerosmith cant make a bad album it seems. Beyond Beautiful is a good rock song/good riffs 3. Read morePublished on March 10 2004 by Amy Lynn