Compare Offers on Amazon
Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition
Enhance your purchase
- A New Shooter Experience – With unmatched levels of realism and intensity, Kane & Lynch 2 delivers a grittier and more relentless experience than any other product in the genre
- Play as Lynch – This time play as psychopath Lynch, taking full advantage of the opportunities Shanghai has to offer and allowing nothing to get in his way
- Online Co-op – Play cooperatively with a partner through the entire story mode of the game as Kane and Lynch take on the lowlife of Shanghai
- New shooter mechanics include button-activated cover system, refined AI, Down not Dead – second chance allowing player to shoot back/crawl to cover in one-shot kill situations and Human Shields –act of desperation adding more dimension to cover system
- New multiplayer modes: Fragile Alliance – based on Greed, Betrayal & Revenge for up to 8 players; Undercover Cop – mole infiltrates team to stop alliance; Cops & Robbers – Robbers try to protect the money and Cops trying to retrieve it for up to 12 players
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Product detailsPlatform for display:PlayStation 3
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Language : English, English
- Product Dimensions : 17.35 x 13.34 x 1.52 cm; 108.86 Grams
- Release date : Aug. 17 2010
- Manufacturer : Square Enix
- ASIN : B0023CBZ70
- Item model number : 910109
- Customer Reviews:
Amazon.ca Product Description
Experience 48 hours of hell with two of gaming’s most notorious criminals. In Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, Kane and Lynch face the consequences when a simple job gone wrong sets off a desperate and frantic struggle to escape the entire Shanghai underworld. Experience intense action in Single Player, online and offline Co-op, Fragile Alliance multiplayer and Arcade modes. Ground-breaking art direction, relentless action gameplay, and innovative multiplayer re-define the action-shooter experience and position this product from IO Interactive as the stand-out shooter of 2010.
From the Manufacturer
Experience 48 hours of hell with two of gaming's most notorious criminals. In Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, Kane and Lynch face the consequences when a simple job gone wrong sets off a desperate and frantic struggle to escape the entire Shanghai underworld. Experience intense action in Single Player, online and offline Co-op, Fragile Alliance multiplayer and Arcade modes.
Ground-breaking art direction, relentless action gameplay, and innovative multiplayer re-define the action-shooter experience, and position this product from IO Interactive as the stand-out shooter of 2010.
ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Partial Nudity, Strong Language.
- A New Shooter Experience — With unmatched levels of realism and intensity, Kane & Lynch 2 delivers a grittier and more relentless experience than any other product in the genre
- Play as Lynch — This time play as psychopath Lynch, taking full advantage of the opportunities Shanghai has to offer and allowing nothing to get in his way
- Online Co-op — Play cooperatively with a partner through the entire story mode of the game as Kane and Lynch take on the lowlife of Shanghai
- New Shooter Gameplay — New shooter mechanics built from the ground up include a button-activated cover system and refined AI as well as:
- Down not Dead — a second chance that allows the player to shoot back or crawl to cover in one-shot kill situations
- Human Shields — an act of desperation that adds more dimension to the cover system
- Critically-Acclaimed Heist Multiplayer — Fragile Alliance is back with innovative new modes:
- Fragile Alliance — based on Greed, Betrayal & Revenge; now extended with more risk and more rewards. For up to 8 players
- Undercover Cop — adds an extra level of paranoia to Fragile Alliance as teams are infiltrated by a mole set to stop the alliance.
- Cops & Robbers — creates a new team-mode dynamic with Robbers trying to protect the money and Cops trying to retrieve it. For up to 12 players
- Arcade mode — Sharpen your heist skills in single player Arcade mode. The difficulty increases with each level, progressing as long as you survive and escape
- Kane & Lynch On the Big Screen — Bruce Willis and Jami Foxx play the lead roles in the Lion's Gate film opening Summer 2011.
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
i had fun typing this out XD
In short, I loved the world that the developers created here. Beautiful, gritty and realistic. Very fitting soundtrack too. If your looking for a well made "run and gun" style game with a good story, great graphics, and some rewarding moments, you'd be hard pressed to beat this one.
Buy and enjoy.
Top reviews from other countries
This is an experience. The game plays out exactly.... repeat... EXACTLY... like an ultra violent action movie. The visuals are part of the gameplay the same way Viewtiful Joe, Madworld and even Heavy Rain incorporate its graphic style to the game. It's gritty, dark, ugly looking but the smooth 60 fps through-out the whole experience and the shaky camera is the icing on the top. The camera gets dirty, wet, sprayed with blood, glitches (like when you violently shake a real camera) and even blurs out headshots to give it a documentary feel. I read about people complaining about the blurring and shaky camera.... but it's part of the game.
"It's a generic shooter that brings nothing new to the table." is another complaint. In all honestly, they're dead wrong. No other shooter immerses you in a world this dark (yes, it's darker than Max Payne) and makes you feel like you're RIGHT THERE. Storywise... as I said before, this is like playing an action movie. It's thin and only gives you an excuse to shoot everybody in Shanghai. Control is spot-on and has weight like if you're actually controlling a human and not a robot. Sounds are awesome. Ambient music, echoeing footsteps and lots of loud gunshots. Playing this with a headset is a blast! It's 4-5 hours long and it's the perfect length for a game like this.
It's a brutal, fast, violent ride that is absolutely worth the price tag of $- you can get it now (I got it for $2.60). By far one of the most underrated games I've ever played.
Visuals are excellent and the whole "shaky cam" thing gives the game a unique appearance and feel. It may take your eyes a few minutes to adjust, don't fight to focus, relax your eyes and enjoy the visual feast. Audio is outstanding with an amazing ambient sound track that really fills up your surround system with amazing detail. The combat sounds are also very well done with a nice variety and depth that will get your bass working hard and drive your spouse nuts.
Single player is good fun, arcade mode (think single player version of online modes) is a nice training session for online... and online is, like any multi player game, awesome if you find the right group. Fragile Alliance mode is a blast if you find a group who knows how to play (and everyone should since there is a video tutorial for each mode and a chance to "practice" in arcade mode). Rounds are short and tense and good play is rewarded. Trophy fans rejoice as the mix of trophies is satisfying and most can be obtained by simply playing the game, no special walk through or how-to videos required.
Easily recommended to action gamers, surround sound fans and those looking for something a little lighter. It's not the deepest or hardest game you will ever play, but it's slick looking/sounding/fast playing cover shooter and a very solid B+ title.