My Kid Can¿t Spell: Understanding and Assisting<TXB2/>Your Child¿s Literacy Development Paperback – Dec 2 1996
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
A former struggling speller himself, J. Richard Gentry, Ph.D., has authored three books and a video on the topic with Heinemann, including My Kid Can't Spell (1996), Teaching Kids to Spell (1992), Spel...Is a Four-Letter Word (1989), and Richard Gentry on Spelling (1992), as well as numerous articles in academic journals and textbooks for school-age children. A former elementary teacher and university professor, Gentry is a Heinemann Professional Development provider and has lectured and conducted workshops on literacy and spelling throughout the world. Visit http: //JRichardGentry.com for additional information about Richard Gentry and his work.
From the Back Cover
In My Kid Can't Spell!, spelling expert J. Richard Gentry offers timely and practical solutions to many of the problems parents face. The book is packed with tools, guidelines, and strategies that parents can use immediately: developmental guideposts to track children's literacy, tips for helping children progress through early spelling stages, a test to determine children's spelling level, strategies to help children visualize words, ways to identify poor spelling instruction at school, how to recognize if a child has a spelling disability and much more!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It would be better helping your child become proficient on the key board rather than drilling spell lists.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Instruction Methods > Language Arts
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Instruction Methods > Reading & Phonics
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Literacy
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Study & Teaching
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Books & Reading > Literacy
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Education
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Elementary Education