- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Kinematics of Human Motion Hardcover – Sep 9 1997
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Vladimir M. Zatsiorsky, PhD, is a world-renowned expert in the biomechanics of human motion. He has been a professor in the Department of Kinesiology at The Pennsylvania State University since 1991. He also is the director of the university's biomechanics laboratory.
Prior to coming to North America in 1990, Dr. Zatsiorsky served for 18 years as professor and department chair of the Department of Biomechanics at the Central Institute of Physical Culture in Moscow. For 26 years he served as consultant to the national Olympic teams of the USSR. He also was director of the USSR's All-Union Research Institute of Physical Culture for three years.
In addition to his academic pursuits in the classroom, laboratory, and field, Dr. Zatsiorsky is a prolific writer who has authored or coauthored more than 240 scientific papers and several books on various aspects of biomechanics. In recognition of his achievements, he has received several awards, including the Geoffrey Dyson Award from the International Society of Biomechanics in Sport (the society's highest honor) and the USSR's National Gold Medal for the Best Scientific Research in Sport in 1976 and 1982.
Dr. Zatsiorsky is a member of the American Society of Biomechanics and the International Society of Biomechanics.
He and his wife Rita live in State College, Pennsylvania. They have two children and two grandchildren.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Books > Medical Books > Basic Sciences > Physiology
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Sports Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Anatomy
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Basic Science > Physiology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Sports Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Physiology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Sports Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Anatomy & Physiology