Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ CDN$ 3.95 shipping
Kingston Digital USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Media Reader (FCR-HS4)
- Ultra-portable - small size makes it an easy and convenient travel accessory
- Versatile - supports memory cards and the latest speed standards including SD/SDHC UHS I-II, SDXC UHS I-II, microSDHC/microSDXC UHS-I, UDMA 0-7 Compact Flash CF Type I & II and MSXC cards
- Fast – Certified SuperSpeed USB 3.0 performance for efficient and effortless high-resolution image, video recording, and other file data transfer, USB 3.0 cable included
- Stylish – Sleek brushed nickel case, with an easy to read built-in LED indicator
- Compliant - with USB 3.0 specifications, backwards compatible with USB 2.0.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Kingston's USB 3.0 High-Speed Media Reader reads all major card format types and supports UHS-I and UHS-II SD card speeds, UDMA6/UDMA7 CF and MSXC cards, making it ideal for photographers, videographers, design studios, and printing houses.
From the manufacturer
Kingston is the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products.
USB 3.0 High-Speed Media Reader at a glance:
- USB 3.0 – up to 5.0Gb/s data transfer speed
- Sleek and stylish design with modern color combination
- Fast and easy data transfer between cards and PC
Versatile Card Reader for Seamless Data Transfer
Kingston's USB 3.0 High-Speed Media Reader reads all major card format types and supports UHS-1 and UHS-II SD card speeds, making it ideal for photographers, videographers, design studios, and printing houses. This versatile reader easily backs up photos and videos from your camera and lets you easily transfer photos, videos, music, and other data between your favorite cards and your PC.
To maximize the performance of your memory cards and save time when transferring files, it features USB 3.0 high-speed performance with up to 5.0Gb/s data transfer speed, up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
The USB 3.0 media reader has a sleek design, with white body and brushed nickel case in a small form factor, with an easily read, built-in LED indicator. It's backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports, which is convenient for systems with limited USB 3.0 ports.
Save time with USB 3.0 speeds up to 5.0Gb/s.
Supports Popular Card Formats
This versatile reader supports all major card format types and UHS-1 and UHS-II SD card speeds.
Ideal for photographers, videographers, design studios, and printing houses.
For peace of mind, you’re covered by a two-year warranty, free technical support, and legendary Kingston reliability.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Also, the light to indicate use is very handy, for some reason quite a few card readers don't have it now and it's really handy to know when you eject the card properly through windows as the light will physically turn off ensuring you don't corrupt your cards.
(~95MB/s is maximum read speeds of the SDXC cards I was using, unsure if it can go faster with better cards or not).
I bought a number of these over the years. I use them with my laptops, and a few on some desktops. When I am using it outside on the road I sometimes forget where I left it, and simply order another one. Depending on my time frame I buy them on like, or from a local dealer.
As for the adapters I leave permanently on my desktop computers, I very rarely had any failure. I am speaking about some years of usage. I can say the reliability and lifespan if this unit is excellent. I have computers running 24/7 with this adapter left connected in to the USB port and having an SD card inserted. Sometimes I have an SD on one slot and and a micro-SD in another slot. Sometimes I am swapping the SD cards in and out. I have connected several of these adapters on one computer and used them this way. Reliability stayed right on top. The speed with USB3 is excellent. This adapter will also work very well on USB2. I've used in both types. I have used this model with Windows 7 - SP1, and later versions of Windows.
Very good unit. I would recommend this model and type.
Take care there are some different models using different types of specialized cards. Evaluate the types of cards you will be using before making the purchase. This Kingston model takes the most common types of cards. I am using Flash Card, micro SD, and SD only with my devices. This model of Kingston card adapter is perfect for my type of usage.
- It reads the 3 types of memory cards that I use (CF, SD & microSD)
- I don't need to use an adapter for microSD.
- It is fast.
- The USB cord can be replaced with a longer one if required.
- The USB cord can be replaced if it fails, which all cords do eventually if bent/unbent.
- There is no case or pop-up design (like the Lexar card reader). So the card slots are always exposed, which isn't ideal if you plan to transport this.
- There are no rubberized feet, so you need to brace the card reader when you put a card in. Since mine isn't going anywhere, I just put a Velcro pad underneath.