- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 2.5 x 6.9 cm
- Shipping Weight: 907 g
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required.
- Item model number: 1442102
- ASIN: B0030MITLW
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Feb. 14 2010
- Average Customer Review: 46 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #126,230 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
- Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes
Kodak PlaySport (Zx3) HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera (Blue) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Waterproof up to 10 ft. (3 m)
- Full 1080p HD video
- Electronic image stabilization
- Brilliant 2.0 in. color display
- Capture 5 megapixel HD stills (16:9)
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Kodak PLAYSPORT Digital Camcorder 1520287 Camcorders
From the Manufacturer
Be fearless with the KODAK PLAYSPORT. It can plunge up to 10 feet under water and record it all in full 1080p HD.
Heads up, adrenaline junkies. The KODAK PLAYSPORT has as much appetite for adventure as you do. And it’s not afraid to get wet. This audacious little camera can plunge up to 10 ft under water and capture the entire experience in full 1080p HD. And you don’t need to worry about blurry footage when things get a little shaky. With built-in image stabilization, the KODAK PLAYSPORT will stay steady as a rock. From the waves, to the slopes, to the mud-soaked trails, this baby was made for the extremes.
|Show them what you’re made of – in HD |
|Make a colorful statement |
The KODAK PLAYSPORT Video Camera was designed with you in mind, right down to the colors it comes in. We took cues from the environment—from nature, to climate, to the adrenaline rush it provides—and transformed it into attention-grabbing colors that help you stand out from the crowd.
|Don’t let sun glare ruin your recording |
|Smooth, stable, and always able |
|Share your rebellious side |
|Ready for the big screen—right out of the box |
|Be creative with great video software |
Top Customer Reviews
- Although not heavy, it has a solid feel and the rubberized surface makes for a sure grip in the wet
- It is smaller than you expect. Genuinely pocket-sized
- The software is easy to use and simple to set up. They have put some thought into the balance between simplicity and functionality
- It happily runs in HD, although is better at 720p than full HD 1080p
- Most importantly, it is a full underwater camera, with a blue filter mode to balance the colours underwater
- Although it takes still pictures, and in good quality, you have to navigate throught he menu to do it. Simple point and snap would have been better
- 1080p quality is not so good. But at 720p and 60fps it is great. If full HD matters to you, then you need a better and much more expensive camcorder
- Low-light quality is poor, it struggles with balance
- The battery is not removable, so no fast swapping with a spare battery
- The front of the device is white, irrespective of the model colour. I'd prefer a single colour both sides
The negatives highlight an important point - this is a pocket-sized, easy-to-use, waterproof camcorder. It isn't intended to be everything to everyone, just a highly practical cam for the active outdoors.
As a robust first camcorder it is great. For many people it will be a second camcorder which can take the shocks, and the water, of outdoor family fun.
The pricing is very well pitched - while it does have some negatives in HD and low-light, it is a great pocket camcorder for the money, and will be your first-choice device on a daily basis.
Four stars - but much nearer to five than three!
After use for stills and videos, and after going on a trip using it extensively especially in video mode, I noticed the spots on video recorded against a lighter colored background. I cleaned the LCD and lens just in case, but in vain. After thinking MY product had a problem, I returned it with the intention to get a replacement (as the product promises so,so much and I wanted one badly !), but the other 2 tested from the same retailer exhibited the same spots in the shop,and after going to a different retailer and screening that one before purchase....well, the same thing.
There was no option in my mind but to return the product and buy something else - I upgraded to a top of the range stills-and-video-combo (unfortunately at a higher price!). Personally I knew where the spots were and my eyes would follow it on everything I recorded, so that was that for me.
I can only advise people to inspect any product they buy from wherever, no matter what electronics they buy. Give it a proper self-test in all modes a.s.a.p and decide whether a product works for you or not. Good luck !
1. Price. I paid $114 +tax (w/free shipping) when it was on sale last year. I have seen it as low as $99 +tax since then.
2. The ability of the Playsport to record HD videos at 720p/60 frames a second (it can also do 1080/30 frames), but at 720p/60 you'll get buttery smooth videos. The other HD cams I mentioned are only able to do upto 720p at 30 frames a second (which the Playsport can also do), but at that setting you will sometimes get a stuttered video look during fast pans. The 720p/60 setting does take up more memory on the SDHC card, but it's worth it once you see the video quality on a big screen tv.
3. The ability to change the battery when it gets low/depleted. I bought 2 extra batters with a charger from ebay for under $15. This allowed me to go all day (sometimes 2 days) without the need to put the camera into charge mode (which would mean I'd have to wait about an hour or so before the battery was recharged before I could use it again... like you'd have to do with those other HD cameras). Note: A fully charged battery will give you between 45-60 minutes of recording time depending if you use the zoom or not. I would highly suggest that you not use the zoom, because the video quality does suffer as you zoom in/out.
4. It has mini HDMI and USB ports on it so it makes it easier to hook the camera up to an HD tv or computer for file playback and/or transfers.
5.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
Ours broke about six months in. Would consistently shut down even though the battery was full. Got rid of it shortly after. The image quality was good thoughPublished 8 months ago by Daddy
kids loved it. I used it more than they did but the cell phone cameras have really taken this overPublished 10 months ago by timilu
Bought in 2011 and was very nice at that point
Very nice image
Probably outdone buy newer brand/model, but stil, it was a good buy for me
As mentioned in numerous locations online, this is a great portable camera, but it does have poewr on issues when the battery gets low. Read morePublished on March 10 2014 by Clint Gray
The kids used it more than I did. took it in the pool and had a blast. small, compact and easy to use,Published on June 16 2013 by Randi Weitzner
I won this camera in a random draw, upon using I found that the lens had a weird pinkish filter in all the pictures(no plastic protector was causing this), also the camera is... Read morePublished on Dec 8 2012 by Gordon
The best thing about this camera is that you don't have to worry about it. I've tested it for three years now. It is supper tuff and waterproof. Read morePublished on Sept. 23 2012 by Jason T