Kreg Tool Company KTC5750 Toolboxx Master Collection
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Full Access Top and Bottom
- Clear Window Visible Components
- Durable Construction
- 11 Bin Organizer
Limited Quantities. • Take advantage while supplies last. Total Value Over $415 • A savings of over $115! For customers that want all things Kreg Joinery™ and have one handy place to store it, the Kreg Toolboxx™ Master Collection gives them everything they want. Kreg Toolboxx™ Master Collection includes the following: • K3 Kreg Jig® • Face Clamp • Portable Base • Dust Collection • Kreg Jig® Support Stop • Kreg Jig® Mini • Kreg Jig® HD • Kreg Jig® HD Screws - 30 ct. • Micro-Pocket Drill Guide • Right Angle Clamp • Screw Selector Wheel • Trim Carpentry DVD • 1000+ Kreg Screws
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The included right-angle clamp is great and allows you to insert one end into a drilled pocket hole while the end with the flat head holds the target board securely in place. This is extremely helpful and saves work and time.
The included screw-selector wheel selects the proper screw for your project by allowing you to select the thickness of your top and bottom boards and then displaying the proper jig, drill, and screw for the job.
You get various depth-stop tools to secure to your drill bit to ensure that you don't drill too deep and ruin your stock. These should be adjusted using scrap wood and getting the proper depth before working on your actual stock.
This kit contains the following jigs:
1 Kreg Jig K3 with front-side clamping
1 Kreg Jig HD for heavy-duty construction jobs
1 Micro-Pocket Drill Guide
1 Kreg Jig Mini
In addition to the jigs, you also get:
1 Right Angle Clamp
1 large clamp
1000+ Kreg Screws (various sizes for various projects)
Dust collection attachment
Screw Selector Wheel
Trim Carpentry DVD
A skillbuilder training DVD
An EXCELLENT and durable toolbox.
I finished watching both DVDs that came with the set and they are very useful and demonstrate uses for pocket hole jigs in various situations. I would HIGHLY recommend watching the DVDs, as you will get a good idea of how to use the clamps and joinery method. There are also instructional sections on things that you probably already know how to do, but it is always fun to watch a professional who is very good at their job build things.
Do yourself a favor and watch the DVDs!
BOTTOM LINE: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Beware: the 1500 screws that come with this kit encompass a range of sizes and thread/head types (with about 200 screws per size). So if you're hoping to use the jig immediately on an upcoming project, you'll want to visit the Kreg website, predetermine the screw size and shape best for you first project, and order the extra screws from Amazon. (For projects using 1" lumber sold by a big-box hardware/lumber store (nominal = 1", actual = 3/4"), you'll be using 1-1/4" screws. For softwoods (pine, cedar) order the coarse threaded screws. For hardwoods (oak, maple) order the fine threaded screws.
From what I can tell, the Toolbox Master Collection $299 has everything in Jig Master System $139 plus the following:
* Toolbox and Screw Kit $78. You are going to need screws anyway; I figured I may as well get a variety up front. Otherwise every time I have a different joint/stock I may avoid using the Kreg jig all together because I don't have the right screws. However the master collection toolbox is even better because it is deeper than the one sold separately. My father-in-law had the Master System. We used it for a project and my wife and I liked it a lot. Though there is no way to keep things organized in the case. Everything just gets stuffed in wherever it fits. However with the toolbox, there is plenty of room to grow and still keep things organized.
* Kreg Micro Jig $45. This jig uses smaller diameter holes and screws, good for light duty 1/2" stock. Be aware that the regular Kreg Jig also claims to go down to 1/2" stock. So this doesn't let you really go thinner, but just better suited for some cases.
* Kreg Jig HD $59. This jig uses larger diameter holes and screws. It can use used for 1 1/2" stock and larger (I guess up to 4x4 stock). The regular Kreg Jig goes up to 1 1/2 stock, but this HD jig is 50% stronger.
* Right-Angle Clamp $25. It should make driving right angles quick and easy, which would otherwise be hard to clamp.
* The clamping base lever is in the front instead of the back as it is in the Master System. For me this was a small bonus. It's easier to use when you have a large board (like plywood) because you don't have to reach around behind to operate. But the tradeoff is you can't put a clamp right there in the front to hold the base to your bench. Instead you can just screw it into a scrap board and then clamp that down.
* Lastly, there is a $50 rebate from the manufacturer's website if you purchase by March 31 2013.
K3 Jig: This kit includes the K3 jig vs the common Kreg K4 jig kit. The K4 workbench Jigs have a material clamp on the back side of the jig (the plunger that holds the stock against the front of the jig) making you reach around whatever you are drilling to clamp and unclamp the stock. This version of the jig includes a front side clamp so you do not have to reach around. The negative of this is that this jig is designed to be screwed into your work bench or another piece of wood which you can then clamp to your work bench. The K4 has a plate on the front allowing you to clamp the jig directly to your workbench. The Master Collection kit also includes a dust collection attachment vs an optional accessory for the K4. Depending on how you intend to use the bench clamp these differences could be a deciding factor of whether you would love or hate this kit. See additional picture above for comparison.
Toolbox: The picture makes the toolbox look like a cheap plastic box but really this is a heavy duty well designed toolbox which feels of great quality. I think I might actually buy another box for other tools, fortunately it sells on its own for $30 from HomeDepot.