- Product Dimensions: 16.3 x 16.3 x 3 cm ; 41 g
- Shipping Weight: 499 g
- Item model number: CD-18
- ASIN: B000KKK4YC
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: July 1 2010
- Average Customer Review: 23 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #67,839 in Home & Kitchen (See Top 100 in Home & Kitchen)
Kyocera 6.5-Inch Ceramic Grater
|Price:||CDN$ 33.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 35. Details|
- Dishwasher safe
- non-slip base
- rust proof
- 6 1/2 inch in diameter
- Long lasting sharpness
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Style: 6.5 Inch Grater
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
This super-efficient grater, made from advanced ceramic close in hardness diamond, will make any grating task a snap. With rows of long-lasting sharp teeth, roots such as ginger are quickly shredded, leaving the unwanted fibers behind. Also great for elephant garlic or daikon radish. The non-corrosive bowl collects all the gratings and flavorful juices, without altering the taste. An amazing utensil, this grater catches the food for you as you grate it, preventing an unnecessary mess and an incredibly simple, hygienic cleaning surface. Small, wear-resistant grater measures 6 1/2 inch in diameter." Great for dry cheese, ginger, lemon zest, chocolate, nutmeg and more. For ease of use, a silicone ring underneath holds the grater in place.
From the manufacturer
Kyocera Ceramic Graters
Kyocera Ceramic Graters
Kyocera is known for its impeccable high quality advanced ceramic knives and kitchen tools and these graters are no exception. Traditionally known as ginger graters, these unique shredding tools, made from an advanced ceramic close in hardness to diamond, will make any grating task a snap. With rows of long-lasting sharp teeth, roots such as ginger are quickly shredded, leaving the unwanted fiber behind. Also great for elephant garlic, daikon radish, chocolate, and Parmesan cheese. For ease of use, a silicone ring or strip holds the grater in place.
- Advanced ceramic grinding teeth will never alter the flavor
- Unique shredding tools for multiple applications
- Quick & easy results
- No-slip silicone ring or foot holds tool steady
- An effective grating solution
- Easy to clean and Dishwater safe
- Long-lasting Sharpness
Discover just how easy food preparation can be
Made of Kyocera’s advanced ceramic, the grater features rows of tiny sharp teeth that produce highly efficient grating. The ceramic is strong and dense. You can grate garlic, ginger, chocolate, hard cheese; grate limes, lemons or oranges for the zest and the results are spectacular. Rinses off in a flash, no digging into grooves for lime peel as often happens with steel graters. Dishwasher-safe, rust and stain proof. A must have gadget that we all need in the kitchen!
Kyocera 3.5 and 6.5 inches Ceramic Graters
Kyocera's saucer-shaped ceramic graters feature a raised central platform of spikes creating a moat for collecting the juices of whatever you're grating: ginger, daikon radish, carrots and so on. Whether its ginger juice you’re looking for or grated nutmeg that's needed for a baking recipe, Kyocera's ceramic graters will get the job done. Great for Parmesan cheese as well! Kyocera graters also feature a thoughtful non-slip silicone ring on the bottom to hold them steady.
Kyocera 11.5 inch long Multi-grater
Kyocera’s newest handheld grater measures 11.5 inch long x 3.4 inch wide x .7 inch thick and is excellent for grating hard foods to fine textures. Razor-sharp teeth makes grating hard cheeses, citrus, vegetables, spices and ginger an effortless task. It’s lightweight and comfortable in hand and features a non-slip rubber foot that holds the grater steady. Easy to clean and dishwasher safe. The perfect kitchen tool for preparing your favorite meals!
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
- It is a tiny fraction less in total width than 6.5 inches but the difference is negligible (1/8th of an inch or a hair over 3 mm)
- the bowl, as the description reads (though I might describe it more like a grater moat), is about 3 cm in width (measured from inner edge). The active area - the inner circle with the teeth - measures about 9 cm in diameter (or the entire width of the smaller version of this grater).
- I thought the slight irregular edge on the left was a glitch or mistake in the photo but it also exists in real life. Almost negligible but I guess the purpose is to act as a slight spout when tipping the grater to pour out liquid.
- shipping weight may be listed at 499 g but the weight of the grater itself appears to be around 377 g. Given that scales can vary in accuracy (though mine isn't that off, I'd think), 377 g can be taken as a "rough" figure.
- it has a good hand feel; plenty of heft. But as with anything, it could probably break so don't regard it poorly if something breaks if you drop it. Taken care of well enough, it'll last a good long time.
- the description doesn't state it, but mine came with a cute little translucent plastic brush coloured candy-apple green, with 14 "prongs" (plastic hair brush like in appearance) to clean debris from between the ceramic teeth. It comes with an oval hole in the "handle". Not sure why. Structural? To hang it somewhere nearby so you can easily access it every time you need to clean?
- It also feels like something you can easily lose, so if yours does come with it, take care to not lose it. And if it doesn't then that should be fine, too - the most important thing is the grater.
- the brush measures 4.2 cm x 2.5 cm x 0.8 cm.
- the plastic brush might also help with cleaning the smaller version of this grater. I don't know or think it was designed for that purpose but it might work. It feels like it could work. But I haven't tried it.
- or if you don't want to use it for that purpose, you could the green brush to brush the "hair" of a doll
In short, the grater is (virtually) as described but, in my case, it comes with a helpful surprise. And it feels like it will last a long while as long as you aren't rough/abusive with it.
In the main, though, I don't use it much because it's kind of a pain to wash. It takes up a lot of space in storage, and needs to be babied (no sharp impacts/metal near ceramics!). And so I often find that I just chop up the ginger or whatever with the knife and board that are usually already out.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews