- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
LC/MS: A Practical User's Guide Hardcover – Aug 10 2005
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"In LC/MS: A Practical User's Guide, the author sets out to introduce LC/MS and provide some practical information for using it ... The present offering seeks to provide a practical resource for LC/MS in 150 pages ... The HPLC chapters will serve the beginning technician
Well." (J Am Soc Mass Spectrom, 2011)
From the Back Cover
A practical guide to using and maintaining an LC/MS system
The combination of liquid chromatography (LC) and mass spectrometry (MS) has become the laboratory tool of choice for a broad range of industries that require the separation, analysis, and purification of mixtures of organic compounds.
LC/MS: A Practical User's Guide provides LC/MS users with an easy-to-use, hands-on reference that focuses on the practical applications of LC/MS and introduces the equipment and techniques needed to use LC/MS successfully. Following a thorough explanation of the basic components and operation of the LC/MS system, the author presents empirical methods for optimizing the techniques, maintaining the instrumentation, and choosing the appropriate MS or LC/MS analyzer for any given problem.
LC/MS covers everything users need to know about:
- The latest equipment, including quadrupole, time-of-flight, and ion trap analyzers
- Cutting-edge processes, such as preparing HPLC mobile phases and samples; handling and maintaining a wide variety of silica, zirconium, and polymeric separation columns; interpreting and quantifying mass spectral data; and using MS interfaces
- Current and future applications in the pharmaceutical and agrochemical industries, biotechnology, clinical research, environmental studies, and forensics
An accompanying PowerPoint® slide-set on CD-ROM provides vital teaching tools for instructors and new equipment operators. Abundantly illustrated and easily accessible, the text is designed to help students and practitioners acquire optimum proficiency in this powerful and rapidly advancing analytical application.See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pathology > Clinical Chemistry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Chemistry > Analytic
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Statics
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Analytic
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Pathology > Clinical Chemistry
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Statics
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Chemistry