- Product Dimensions: 70.4 x 20.6 x 41.4 cm ; 5 Kg
- Shipping Weight: 6 Kg
- Item model number: 29UM68-P
- ASIN: B01B9IDLAW
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: March 1 2016
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #127,923 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
LG UM68 29UM68 29-Inch Screen Led-Lit 14700510
|Price:||CDN$ 499.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
- LG 29UM68 29-Inch 21:9 Monitor
- Game Mode, Black Stabilizer, Dynamic Action Sync
- OnScreen Control/My Display Presets
- Screen Split 2.0 (PIP Mode)/Dual Link-up/Dual Controller
This item's packaging may indicate what is inside. To cover it, select Ship in Amazon box on the checkout page.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
LG 29UM68 29-Inch 21:9 Monitor
From the manufacturer
21:9 UltraWide Full HD IPS Display
The UltraWide 21:9 aspect ratio makes games and movies more immersive than ever. The clarity of 1080p pixel Full HD resolution with IPS is a game-changer. Simply put, from any viewing angle, everything looks more crisp and detailed in Full HD.
On-Screen Control puts a host of essential monitor settings into a handy window for quick, easy access. Volume, brightness, picture mode presets, Screen Split 2.0 and Dual Controller and more can now be adjusted with just a few clicks of the mouse, instead of hard buttons on the monitor.
LG's 21:9 UltraWide monitors with FreeSync¹ technology eliminate the tearing and stuttering that have plagued gaming enthusiasts for years.
Dedicated game modes assure optimal viewing conditions. Included are a total of three different preset game modes: two first-person shooter modes plus a real-time strategy mode. Choose the right mode for the game you're playing.
Advanced Gaming Features
Serious gaming features for serious gamers. Quickly optimize monitor settings to activate Black Stabilizer to reveal superior detail in dark scenes while the Dynamic Action Sync feature assures smooth, fluid gaming action.
The sleek design of LG premium monitors is accentuated by the new ArcLine stand. The smooth curve of the base provides stability, assuring dependable performance with a touch of elegance.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Gaming support for the resolution is actually very good, though there are a few games that I've had trouble getting to display properly. It doesn't seem to be dependent on the age of the game though. I've played Age of Empires III and it works perfectly. Fallout 4 refuses to display full screen no matter what I do. I wouldn't let that deter you from purchasing. The immersion while playing any game is really increased with the wider field of view. Performance impact using a GTX 970 was negligible compared to 1920 X 1080.
Colour and image quality is what you would expect with a monitor at this price point. Fine for gaming, but I suspect that photography geeks may want to look elsewhere. This monitor has the best U.I. I've ever used. A mini joystick on the bottom is also the power button. It sounds like a bad idea, but is actually very intuitive. You only have to use it once, and then you'll be able to make adjustments in the dark. Very glad I took the plunge into ultra wide.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Hope this helps y'all!!!*****
This monitor ROCKS! At under $400 (currently $349!!!), you CANNOT go wrong with this ultra-wide beast unless you're running a low-end graphics card (works great with my GTX 960).
When I first looked into ultra-wide monitors, I did all kinds of research and wished I had $1300 at the time for an Acer Predator X34 (currently $1,230) because that monitor was 3440x1440 (this LG 34UM68-P is only 2560x1080 but it's still absolutely gorgeous). I thought I would need the curve to get a better experience, too. But then I discovered I would also need a faster graphics card to handle 3440x1440 on top of the insane cost of the Predator X34---putting that dream on hold for at least another year or two.
So...I bought this monitor instead and honestly thought it would be "just okay". But when it arrived and I set it up, I was absolutely blown away. This monitor made me want to play games more now than I've had the urge for the past 10 years or more. It's so good, I bought a SECOND one for my wife.
Everyone has their own preferences in monitors but here's some of my discoveries with this monitor:
1) I don't care about curved anymore. Seriously! For productivity (I work with Excel a lot), curved monitors distort horizontal lines/spreadsheets to make them look weird and kinda bad, IMO. So much so for me, that I'm not sure I ever want a Predator X34 in the future. Lesson learned, I am sticking with FLAT ultra-wide monitors and would strongly recommend others do so if you use your computer for both gaming and productivity. If your computer is strictly a gaming machine (mine clearly isn't) then you'll probably appreciate a curved monitor.
2) I've heard it said that there isn't a graphics card currently on the market that can handle 3440x1440 games at ultra-high settings (though I've also read that the NVidia 1080 does come close depending on the game you're playing). This is because there is literally almost twice as many pixels going from 2560x1080 to 3440x1440. Since I never buy state-of-the-art graphics cards when they first come out (I usually wait a year or two for the price to drop), that means I am likely 2 years away from getting both a 3440x1440 monitor and the graphics card to handle it.
3) I absolutely love the preset window panes for this monitor (and you can customize it many different ways...I prefer 2 side-by-side panes but you can also do 3 side-by-side, 4 quad, 2 side-by-side w/3rd horizontal pane above or below, etc.). These window panes allow you to drag-n-snap your windows (web browsers, Word, Excel, etc.) automatically without having to manually resize everything (super awesome for productivity)! I don't know if all ultra-wide monitors do this (and very likely not) because this is an LG-developed software that comes with the monitor.
4) Gaming with extra field-of-view on the left/right sides really gives you an edge (as long as your game supports 2560x1080 resolution which games like Doom, The Division, Zombie Army Trilogy and even Fallout 4---with an INI file tweak---do). Once you game with ultra-wide resolutions, trust me...you will NEVER go back!!!
5) Watching movies on this thing...breath-taking. Most movie resolutions are 21:9 making them perfect for ultra-wide monitors (though most TV shows have yet to catch up with this ratio).
There are plenty of other ultra-wide monitors in both 2560x1080 and 3440x1440 but I love this particular monitor's features and price-point. Sure, there are better monitors out there...but they cost A LOT more and honestly...I'm not even sure I would see much difference (without buying that high-end, state-of-the-art graphics card as well). Maybe in 2018 but this is definitely GREAT (not just "good") enough until then!
Secondly, I had ordered two of these shipped from a third party supplier. One arrived completely cracked screen, (which Amazon is replacing), and it was obvious the shipper just reshipped a broken monitor.
The screen is sharp and crisp and can keep up with my Graphics card (MSI Aero 1070) - Running Battlefield 1 at 75Hz on Ultra, without any frame loss. My scores have come up. Previous monitor wouldn't let me get "on target" fast enough. Very nice picture.
It is NOT height adjustable and the base is quite short. The stand swivels upward but the stand is made for people no taller than 3' 8" tall, sitting at a standard desk. Remounted it to the wall.
Good monitor, not a GREAT Monitor.
The increase in productivity is significant, both in office related applications as well as in media and contain creation.
When movies are available in the 21:9 format (like some in the Amazon Prime Video collection) the viewing experience is immersive and delightful, this same applies to games.
It is my hope that developers embrace a higher commitment with 21:9 display format soon, specially those working in the interactive entertainment industry.