The Labor Progress Handbook: Early Interventions to Prevent and Treat Dystocia Paperback – Illustrated, Oct 24 2005
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"This is a concise and valuable handbook.... The Labor Progress Handbook belongs in every lab coat pocket, in every birth room, and at all of our finger-tips as we help women to labor as normally as possible." (Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health)
"Any book supporting the normal progress of labour is welcome; this one provides many interesting and practical tips, particularly in relation to psycho-social support measures."
Helen Cheyne, University of Stirling
Dystocia or failure to progress in labor is the main reason for cesarean deliveries. The second edition of this successful text focuses on simple non-invasive interventions to prevent or treat difficult labor. It describes positions, movements and techniques based on principles of anatomy, physiology and psychology of childbirth. The Labor Progress Handbook is organized by stage of labor for easy reference, enabling the care giver to quickly identify appropriate low cost, low risk interventions and treat dystocia effectively, at an early stage before it becomes severe. The new edition has been thoroughly revised and updated and includes a new chapter on assessing progress in labor, together with new sections on managing labor pain, normal labor and additional positions and maneuvers. The rationale for all techniques is included based on the authors' clinical experience and wherever possible on the underlying evidence base.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The size of the book makes it easy for a doula to throw into her birth bag or for a nurse to have handy on a labor and delivery unit. The amount of information packed into its' size is incredible.
I now heartily recommend this book to all of my birthing friends and doulas who take my training. Bravo, Penny and Ruth! And thanks for making the evidence easier to access!
Most recent customer reviews
This book is essential for everybody involved eventually with childbearing women, a friend, sister or a healthcare provider.
Women are able to give birth. Read more
This deceptively slim book is jam-packed with useful information that can be used by just about anyone involved in childbirth today. Read morePublished on May 3 2000 by Alicia Huntley CNM MSN
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics > Labour Policy
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness > Injury Prevention
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Reproductive & Sexual > Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Midwifery
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Surgery
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Maternity, Perinatal & Women's Health
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Midwifery
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Maternity, Perinatal & Women's Health
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Maternity, Perinatal, Women's Health