Laboratory Health and Safety Dictionary Paperback – Mar 15 2001
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"...best suited for public library collections and...small companies, fire departments, police departments, and other agencies that encounter chemical health and safety..." (American Reference Books Annual, Vol. 33)
"...the book is a worthwhile addition to any health and safety collection..." (Applied Organometallic Chemistry, June 2002)
"...easy to comprehend...recommended for entities dealing with these topics and for public, specialized, or academic libraries..." (E-Streams, Vol. 5, No. 7)
From the Back Cover
Authoritative resource for essential concepts and terms in chemical health and safety
Chemical health and safety are impacted by federal, state, and local regulations, notably the OSHA Laboratory Standard, and are of concern to a wide range of personnel. Laboratory Health and Safety Dictionary defines basic and essential terms, making it a core reference for experienced as well as novice health and safety professionals. It will also help people with limited understanding and/or varying backgrounds better understand the vocabulary that is encountered in the field.
This authoritative compendium of chemical health and safety concepts contains approximately 2,500 entries covering the broad spectrum of health and safety issues including all essential elements of a chemical hygiene plan, safety procedures, chemical exposures, etc. Words, terms, and expressions are included that are found or referenced in documents and regulations such as OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard and the Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals in the Laboratory Standard, Material Safety Data Sheets, Right-to-Know Legislation, and numerous other documents and lists of "hazardous" agents. Specifically designed to focus on the chemical and chemistry related aspects of the general field of health and safety, Laboratory Health and Safety Dictionary is an essential resource for on-the-job training and general use.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Science
- Books > Education & Reference > Spanish-Language Reference
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Chemical > Safety
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Safety & Health
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Chemistry > Clinical
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Clinical
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Industrial & Technical
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Safety
- Books > Science & Math > Education > Experiments & Projects
- Books > Science & Math > Reference
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Safety & Health
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Chemical Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Reference > Dictionaries
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Chemistry