- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Language Development Hardcover – Jan 1 2013
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Foundations of Language Development: Contributions of Children's Skills and Experiences. 1. Introduction to the Study of Language Development. 2. Biological Bases of Language Development. 3. Communicative Development: Foundations and Functions of Language. 4. Phonological Development: Learning the Sounds of Language. 5. Lexical Development: Learning Words. 6. The Development of Syntax and Morphology: Learning the Structure of Language. 7. Language, Culture, and Cognition in Development. 8. Childhood Bilingualism. 9. Language in the School Years. 10. Language Development in Special Populations. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Erika Hoff is a professor of psychology at Florida Atlantic University, in Davie, Florida. She studies language development and bilingualism.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This book is a comprehensive overview of the various areas of study in language development, which caters well to the diversity of interests and background knowledge of an undergraduate class.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Pedagogy
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychotherapy, TA & NLP
- Books > Self-Help
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy