- Student Exclusive: Amazon Prime Student members save 10% on all textbook purchases. Enter code 10TEXT at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Laws of Media: The New Science Paperback – Sep 16 1992
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'FIlled with interesting, charming, bewildering, and challenging McLuhanisms.' (R. Cathart Choice)
'Eric McLuhan's collaborations with his father gives a rich treatment of the tetrads, and one true to the elder's written and cognitive style.' (Paul Levinson Journal of Communication)
'A surprising posthumous gift from Canada's greatest cultural theorist. The collaboration with his son Eric has produced not only the most stimulating intellectual formulations but also the most welcome concessions to the norms of scholarship and argument since The Gutenberg Galaxy and Understanding Media' (John Fekete Letters in Canada)
'The tetrad's eloquence and the universality of its application will surely have a profound effect on any further study of media.' (Timothy Buell The Toronto Star)
From the Back Cover
Before you have gone very far in this book, you will have found many familiar themes and topics. Be assured: this is not just a rehashing of old fare dished up between new covers, but a genuinely new food for thought and meditation.See all Product description
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
If you've already worked through the Gutenberg Galaxy, and want more, this book is for you. On the other hand, if you are unfamiliar with McLuhan, this might not be the book to start with. However, I found the book to inspire new thoughts and insight that come reflected off his refracting whorl of ideas, so maybe it's as good a place to start as any.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Communication
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Communication
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Communications
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences