Learning and Memory: An Integrative Approach Hardcover – Aug 11 2003
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The organization of the material is outstanding...ideas flow naturally...the most readable learning text I have ever encountered... I havent seen this coherent a presentation of learning issues and data since the days of Hilgard and Bower."
"The solid integration of cognitive and behavioral ideas without presenting them as if they are in constant conflict is one of the best features... The writing style is very readable and the examples and illustrations are excellent for making the necessary points. Finally, the coverage of cornerstone research is excellent, the text certainly does not lack breadth...the text flows beautifully."
"Covers some complex topics clearly and concisel...balances the seriousness of the material with light-hearted examples and headings...This text provides a very nice synthesis of traditional learning approaches and more contemporary cognitive approaches to learning. It is rare to find an author who presents these two approaches in an unbiased way and, not stopping there, helps the reader to integrate the two...into a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. The text is rigorous, but is written in a way that will challenge a student, rather than intimidate them."
About the Author
David A. Lieberman teaches in Scotland, although he was educated at Brown University and taught at the University of Illinois-Champaign for many years.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Child Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychoanalysis
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Science
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Cognitive Psychology