There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Dynamic Websites
This book will help you:
- Understand PHP essentials and the basics of object-oriented programming
- Master MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- Create web pages with PHP and MySQL by integrating forms and other HTML features
- Use libraries and packages, including the Smarty web template system, PEAR program repository, and the Yahoo! User Interface Library
- Make Ajax calls and turn your website into a highly dynamic environment
- Upload and manipulate files and images, validate user input, and secure your applications
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
But be warned, there is this one big error in Chapter 10 example 10-8 which was a bit annoying to work with and there are a few other much smaller errors in the book so make sure to read all the errata mentioned on his website [...]. But apart from that i cant stress enough, for all you college students out there, for your open source programming course, please get this book. I have wasted time reading so many other books that were so impractical and not realistic. For example, while create a log-in page for different users, Mr.Nixon shows you how to use the md5 algorithm along with "salting" to generate a hash for a password, which enables only the user to know their password, even the guys who maintain the website will not know what the users password is, and I never knew this was the standard practice in the industry. Moreover, Mr.Nixon always shows you have to secure your website from malicious activities bloating around the internet. So indeed a very practical and a great way to get up and running in just 3 weeks.
Don't waste your time, just get this book, and especially if you are a college student with some background in Java or C#, this book will work like a miracle for you.
Does include good detail to get you started with what you need to have and do to be able to use PHP and MySQl. Lots of real life examples that take you through step by step and demonstrate how particular functions are used in PHP.
Book is concise and fast paced, but tells you what you need to know to create dynamic and properly functioning websites.
Most recent customer reviews
Contains many useful code and examples that can easily be integrated to any web page. The explanations are decent and the examples show how the code works ... Read morePublished on Dec 28 2011 by drom99
Excellent book. Starts from the beginning but goes into signficant depth. Requires more than one read-through to get full advantage, and the serves as an excellent reference.Published on June 15 2011 by Bruno L
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Specific Databases > MySQL & mSQL
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Introductory & Beginning
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > PHP
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > SQL
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Database Storage & Design
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages